Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Front mud flap on 2002 Journey

Does anyone know where in the world you would attach a mud flap behind the street side front wheel on a 2002 Journey DL? I looked at a schematic, and there is a part there with a part number. I ordered the mud flap, but I cannot figure out where it is supposed to be mounted. Is there supposed to be one there in the first place?

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
In 2002, on the Journey's Winnebago had an issue with the aluminum welds that held the front mudflap brackets breaking. Everyone I knew with a Journey had the front flaps break off. Matter of fact, the way I found out about the flaps missing is that another camper in a campground wandered over to me one morning and asked if my flap had broken off yet. I never knew there was supposed to be one but when he showed me the broken welds, I could see where it once was.

If you look at the area where the flap would mount, you'll see an aluminum bar on the floor framing of the motorhome. Look carefully there and you'll see the remains of 3 broken welds. All it will look like is 3 rough areas on the edge of the metal.

The replacement flap will have a angle bracket at the top of it that can be screwed up in to the framing in that area.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Joe,

I'll have to take a look at that next time I have the MH at the house. When I ordered the new flap, I didn't get a bracket. Guess I need to order that too. Thanks for the information.

Eddie
Old 04-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks forthe info, Joe. I'll be checking mine this morning, to see if it is attached the same was as you described for the Journey. My front mudflaps are still in place, and I'd like'em to stay there.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:55 PM   #5

I have a 2004 Meridian, guess I'd better take a close look at mine also. I had to reenforce my front flaps after the very first trip I took in it just to keep the flaps from wacking the compartments behind them, which made a terrible sound going down the highway.

Wagonmaster2
Old 04-26-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I used a truck flap I bought at a local auto supply store and attached it with two metal brackets that extend about halfway down the flap on either side. Mine has held fast for 4 years.