Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have posted on this subject before this is an update:
I have been having problems when refueling (2004 Sightseer 35N) The nozzle gets stuck in the filler neck & is very!!! hard to remove when done refueling. I have contacted Winnebago
& they sent a kit (Spacer)it goes inbetween the receptacle & the side of the coach. I installed it when it came in & last week I had a chance to test it, & still having problems. I called Winnebago back & they have no suggestions, the kit was supposed to be a fix. Opening the compartment door makes it worse with compartment door open (Kit installed) you can not get the nozzle in at all.Anyone have any ideas.
pace89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have posted on this subject before this is an update:
I have been having problems when refueling (2004 Sightseer 35N) The nozzle gets stuck in the filler neck & is very!!! hard to remove when done refueling. I have contacted Winnebago
& they sent a kit (Spacer)it goes inbetween the receptacle & the side of the coach. I installed it when it came in & last week I had a chance to test it, & still having problems. I called Winnebago back & they have no suggestions, the kit was supposed to be a fix. Opening the compartment door makes it worse with compartment door open (Kit installed) you can not get the nozzle in at all.Anyone have any ideas.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our 2004 Sightseer 27C filler neck works fine, most of the time.

I have found that, on occasion, the head of the gas nozzle is larger than most and it will catch on the upper inside door opening and can be hard to remove. Or it will not fit inside at all, meaning a trip to another gas station.

Is this what you experience...........or just that the gas nozzle will not fit in the too skinny filler neck?
Old 10-30-2007, 07:00 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yep....your right! I too have had several issuse's with the gas nozzle not fitting. Mostly California gas station's. Have had to move to another station to get gas. If I am out on the Highway and stations are few, this will be a problem. I was wondering if Winnebago is aware of this issue and has any fix. I would hope the fix is better that than you discribe.
Winn's engineers need to really look at this and fix it.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:17 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had to go to other stations, that is a seperate issue when that happens I can not get the nozzle inn at all. When it does go in there is not enough wiggle room to dislodge the nozzle(there is an edge/spring on the nozzle that gets stuck in there). <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scooter:
Our 2004 Sightseer 27C filler neck works fine, most of the time.

I have found that, on occasion, the head of the gas nozzle is larger than most and it will catch on the upper inside door opening and can be hard to remove. Or it will not fit inside at all, meaning a trip to another gas station.

Is this what you experience...........or just that the gas nozzle will not fit in the too skinny filler neck? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>