Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 10:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Get your new tires balanced

Just a heads up

My new vista lx27n did not have the tires balanced when I bought it.
so today while getting valve stem extentions installed I had the tires ballanced. They needed it 4 and 5 oz, I could tell right away on the way home. The rear duals were balanced and good to go.

Darryl
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Balancing is always a good idea, when you consider how expensive some tires can cost. I just put 8 new tires on my MH and had them all balanced. $18/each.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I used dynamic balancing beads in my 6 brand new tires when I had them installed last week. Couldn't be happier.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 02:32 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We are planning on puttin on Centramatics next time near the factory.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
We are planning on puttin on Centramatics next time near the factory.
You will not be sorry.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:00 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDMONDN View Post
Just a heads up

My new vista lx27n did not have the tires balanced when I bought it.
so today while getting valve stem extentions installed I had the tires ballanced. They needed it 4 and 5 oz, I could tell right away on the way home. The rear duals were balanced and good to go.

Darryl
My point, I am surprised to find out they don't balance the tires prior to selling the unit
MIDMONDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I put Centramatics on first, they helped some, but finally got a Roadforce balance done later, made huge difference, tires where all way out of balance and the Centramatics can only do so much.

I recommend a Roadforce balance first, then Centramatics if you want. Also get an alignment done, mine was also off from the factory.

Hard to believe they let these things out the door without proper balance and alignment, would make a much better impression on new RV owners who assume that all done like a car and RV just's handle poorly.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Alignment and balance

Funny you say that. I was on hold for about 10 minutes with Winnebago tech support. While on hold, I was listening to their recording about all the great things done to your coach prior to delivery. One of them was the vehicle being aligned and ready for the road from the factory. My new Adventurer wandered a lot going down the road and was constantly working the steering wheel to keep it in the lane. After about 5000 miles, I finally took it to an alignment shop who specializes in large vehicles. Turns out the Cast and Camber were fine, but the Toe was out by 4 degrees with the right front tire pointing out. It was truly a huge improvement driving the coach now.
Dfreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:34 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Centramatic Wheel Balancers is the way to go. What a difference, I've used them on my Ram 1ton and never got the wheels balanced again after initial install.

Tags
tires