Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Getting to know our Winnebago

We purchased our new 2013 Winnebago Tour 42GD (new to us) this past summer. We had our 2004 Fleetwood Excursion for 6 years and took me a a while to figure everything out on it. Now as new owner of a Winnebago I have gone through the owners manuals (2 thick volume of it) lots of reading. Here are a few things I have learned so far after trying to figure out a few operating issues. (may be a no brainer to some of you)

Aqua Hot system: zone 2 blows cold air no issue with other zone or water heating. The issue this zone was clogged check valve, just gently tapped the valve to clear the flow. I was told by AH tech support, this is common if you haven't used the heat function in a long time (thanks AH tech support)

AH on electric setting works best in outside temp is 50 deg or higher (no wonder it wasn't heating up inside the coach, outside temp 38).
Also same with the roof AC/heat pump, no heat when temperature drops to low 40s

Key Fab door lock/unlock issue. wire connections in the doorjamb & inside the door all checked out, no help from Winnebago tech (expect for a 45 minute hold time). Solution was simple, fine sanding the brass connections in the door and doorjamb (my friend's idea)

Like I said these maybe a no brainer to some of you, but you have any other suggestions I would love to here from you
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Congratulations on the purchase of your Winnebago Tour. Learning new things is part of the RV life I guess as I am still learning after 26 years. For your info we have a Winnebago Chat every night at 9 PM EST. I want you to know you are always welcome to join us anytime you wish. It is an excellent opportunity to ask questions you may have with seasoned Winnebago owners.

Post often and share your new RV adventures with us. Enjoy the forums.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you Don!
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago