Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2005, 12:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello,

Anyone have any ideas why I have no electrical power inside the coach? I have removed the house batteries and fully charged them... my meter reads over 13 V. However, can't get any electrical to come on inside the coach.

If I plug into shore, then everything appears to work even the house voltage meter shows the voltage at 13.7 or higher. But when disconnected no reading are displayed and nothing electrical works???

Any ideas greatly appreciated... thanks in advance...
wildgrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello,

Anyone have any ideas why I have no electrical power inside the coach? I have removed the house batteries and fully charged them... my meter reads over 13 V. However, can't get any electrical to come on inside the coach.

If I plug into shore, then everything appears to work even the house voltage meter shows the voltage at 13.7 or higher. But when disconnected no reading are displayed and nothing electrical works???

Any ideas greatly appreciated... thanks in advance...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:52 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Are you sure the main DC disconnect is on? On our coach it is on the stairwell. This involves a relay which may be defective if the switch is really on.
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the main relay at the entryway is on. When I turn it off, one of the detectors in the coach chirps as usual. However, when I turn it back on nothing seems to go on???

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

retracted my statement... I was wrong with when my detector chirped...It DOES chirp when power is cutoff
Old 06-14-2005, 08:18 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: Well, it sounds like time to get out the wiring diagram and voltmeter. My main relay also chirps when turned off. However, the fact that it does chirp means that some power is available there. If you don't get any power at all at the dc circuit breaker panel I don't think there is much else in between. Maybe a ground on the battery?
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #7
KCE
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem finally found a 40amp pop up fuse in the dash.

Lift up dash look to the right of the dash fuse panel look for round pop-up fuse. Push down and bingo everything comes on. I would then be interested in what caused it. Mine was a metal pan that fell out of a bottom drawer and grounded the main feed from the converter. Put a rubber cover on the post connector and that won't happen again. Also why didn't WB put the main 12v fuse in the house fuse box with the rest of the house fuses. Took me 2 days to find it. Hope thats it, good luck!
KCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi KCE,

Thanks for your help. I looked under the dash for the fuse panel but I don't see anything to the right of the dash. But I do see the fuses to the left of the dash once the top is opened...

I did solve the problem, I think as the previous message stated, the main relay switch is acting up. I just needed to slam the button a little harder to get the system to come on. So much for taking the batteries out and checking them. I guess it was just the switch not engaging into the on position.

Thank you all for your assistance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KCE:
I had the same problem finally found a 40amp pop up fuse in the dash.

Lift up dash look to the right of the dash fuse panel look for round pop-up fuse. Push down and bingo everything comes on. I would then be interested in what caused it. Mine was a metal pan that fell out of a bottom drawer and grounded the main feed from the converter. Put a rubber cover on the post connector and that won't happen again. Also why didn't WB put the main 12v fuse in the house fuse box with the rest of the house fuses. Took me 2 days to find it. Hope thats it, good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>