Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #1

Greetings! We recently purchased a 2002 Adventurer 32V. I have read some previous posts about plugging the GPS into the 2nd channel of the backup monitor. I have a Magellan Roadmate 700. Can I simply get a conversion cable form USB to Sony Adapter? Thanks for any info.,
Christian
2001 Country Coach Intrigue "Evening Star" #11290
FlyingW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #2

Greetings! We recently purchased a 2002 Adventurer 32V. I have read some previous posts about plugging the GPS into the 2nd channel of the backup monitor. I have a Magellan Roadmate 700. Can I simply get a conversion cable form USB to Sony Adapter? Thanks for any info.,
Christian
Old 06-09-2007, 01:16 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Christian - Welcome and congratulations on the new ride! In my experience (and others on this forum), the most knowledgeable person out there on backup systems is Tim at rvcams.Give him a call - very easy to work with and should be able to answer all your questions.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can I simply get a conversion cable form USB to Sony Adapter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christian,

What you will need is something that will provide a composite video signal to the sony camera input. If your GPS has the output via a USB port you will need a device to convert a USB signal to composite video
Old 06-10-2007, 02:07 AM   #5

It is highly unlikely the USB port on the GPS is useful for anything other than interfacing with a computer to exchange data.

I have interfaced my Sony backup monitor with my laptop S-Video output, but the resolution of the monitor is pretty poor.

We use a laptop running CoPilot 10 for navigation - pictures on the RV pages of our website.

Welcome to the forum!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:30 AM   #6

Thanks for the info. everybody! I will call RV Cams to see if they have any ideas. I'm sure getting this to work will be more hassle than it's worth. If it works, I'll post a follow up.
Christian