Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Hadley Air Horns

Who has had a pair of Hadleys installed? I'm having the model HO2109A installed on my 37J Adventurer. The dealer sez, "We've never done any horns before." I'm going to assume they can and will handle it. But, if anyone has any thots, suggestions, etc . . .like tips. . .based on experience that I can pass on to the installers, I'd really appreciate it.

The GroundPilot

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I put a set on my 07 Adventurer, I put the trumpets behind the front grill and put the tank and compressor on the front cross brace and everything fit just fine.

ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #3

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpilot View Post
Who has had a pair of Hadleys installed? I'm having the model HO2109A installed on my 37J Adventurer. The dealer sez, "We've never done any horns before." I'm going to assume they can and will handle it. But, if anyone has any thots, suggestions, etc . . .like tips. . .based on experience that I can pass on to the installers, I'd really appreciate it.

The GroundPilot
A lot depends on where you want the horns themselves mounted, on our DSDP's they've been on the roof, which means air lines through the pillars or sides and through the roof. But they're put in as the rig is being built so it not as much work.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I installed a VIAIR 2 1/2 gallon tank and constant duty compressor----@ 150 psi---on the cross member below the radiator in the front of the MH-----Air Horns under the hood----because they are under the hood they are PVC and loud ---they are much less expensive than a chrome set of Hadleys.

The install took very little fabrication---just some straight angle iron to hold the tank and the compressor---bolted into the cross member. LOts of wiring from the battery and then through the firewall for pressure guage etc; and then running hoses from the tank for air. I can air up my 22.5's easily and use air tools etc.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:03 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I missed the read about the kit you were getting---so I looked it up. This is not a big deal to install----I mean it is work and will take some time $$$ but it is simple follow the directions. Decisions you want to think about are where to mount the tank and compressor? Where to mount the dash guage? Where to mount the horns? If you have a horn on the roof it is no doubt electric so they can just use the old lines to follow for the air line.

For faster horn response you will want the solenoid valve close to the horn---some screw right into the inlet for the horn; mine did but they were not Hadleys. Also do you want your compressor to work without the ignition being on---if so then it need to be wired to an auxillary switch. Compressors take a lot of power so they usually wire straght to the battery and use a heavy guage wire.

Have them install a fitting from one of the tank ports for an air hose then you can top off your tires.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #6

Not to be disrespectful, but if your dealer has never installed an air horn, I would suggest you go find a new dealer. This joker just don't get it. What is he going to say to you when you have a real problem? Like can you change the oil? Some of these "Dealers" are really sad.

Pine Tree