Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #1

Here we are at the 10/10/10 Grand Lake RV & Golf Resort north of Ocala, FL. It is a very nice park and also deserted We had a wonderful almost uneventful trip here. DW drove most of the way, and bless her heart, she turned the wrong way immediately off of our street getting started. I took over and with her spotting I backed up and backed into our street and got her pointed in the right direction (thank goodness no toad as yet!) She did great driving after getting past this.

Wow - another thing fixed! The closet sliding door wouldn't stay closed on our new coach. Thanks to my snooping around I discovered that the closet mirror door was not plumb to the jamb or it was "cocked" to one side.

There are two adjustment screws at each top corner on the inside of the mirror doors. I adjusted the screws until the door was parallel with the frame. Now the latch/catch fully seats with the lip on the frame. Whoohoo! I don't have to kludge up a door stop.

One thing fixed, another problem discovered...

DW discovered a cracked tile in the galley. Oh well, another little thing to deal with.

--John
Here we are - user #1921

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #2

Here we are at the 10/10/10 Grand Lake RV & Golf Resort north of Ocala, FL. It is a very nice park and also deserted We had a wonderful almost uneventful trip here. DW drove most of the way, and bless her heart, she turned the wrong way immediately off of our street getting started. I took over and with her spotting I backed up and backed into our street and got her pointed in the right direction (thank goodness no toad as yet!) She did great driving after getting past this.

Wow - another thing fixed! The closet sliding door wouldn't stay closed on our new coach. Thanks to my snooping around I discovered that the closet mirror door was not plumb to the jamb or it was "cocked" to one side.

There are two adjustment screws at each top corner on the inside of the mirror doors. I adjusted the screws until the door was parallel with the frame. Now the latch/catch fully seats with the lip on the frame. Whoohoo! I don't have to kludge up a door stop.

One thing fixed, another problem discovered...

DW discovered a cracked tile in the galley. Oh well, another little thing to deal with.

--John
Here we are - user #1921

Old 06-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #3

John you may find that the closet door adjustment screws will not stay adjusted as you move from place to place. If that happens to you once you have them correctly adjusted just put a few drops of locktite on the screws and they should hold the adjustment.
Charles
chzgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:55 AM   #4

"few drops of locktite on the screws"

Good advice and Locktite works well but if you do not want that level of permanence or you just do not have Locktite available, steal a bit of your wife's clear fingernail polish, apply it to the threads of the screws and put them in place. The fingernail polish will work like Locktite but the seal may still be broken with a sharp twist!

I learned this from a helmet tech when I had problems with visors and other parts flying off my motorcycle helmet at speed. It works.

Russ

BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #5

When I had my sailboat, I was always concerned with fastners coming apart without my express request

There are (or used to be at least) two different formulations of lock-tight (or however the brand name is spelled). One kind is removeable, one is permanent. I also used a product called never-seize which helped fastners become removeable that normally wouldn't be due to dissimiliar metal corrosion (usually aluminum with stainless fastners.)

If my closet door starts to open again, I will go the thread-lock route. Thanks for the comments.

--John

Old 06-26-2005, 03:24 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
FYI, Loctite red has the most 'permanent' hold...Loctite blue (medium) will allow disassembly.