RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2017, 10:56 PM   #1

Has Anyone Replaced the Toilet or Flange in a Vectra

Hello everyone, been snooping around here recently as we just got of first Motorhome, an 05 Vectra 36RD. I have read up to page 80 something of the owners form and done searches here and on google and found nothing with regard what is on under the original Sealand toilet.

I was planning on swapping it with the 2 year old Dometic 320 I have in my 5th wheel. Along with liking the 320 better the original has some issues so it's going. Unlike my last 2 trailers, the 36RD has a 4 bolt flange toilet and a 1 1/4" tall base under it. The flange seems to be glued as it isn't unscrewing.

The flange is in great shape and I can easily modify the flange to use 2 closet bolts at 9 and 3 and the white base that is stuck under it is wide enough to put the 320 on it but it would have a 19 1/4" seat height. Not to bad for me but my 5'3" wife is going to need a step stool. So my original plan is out and no mater what I do I have to buy a new toilet. So I'm probably going to order the low profile 320 which will give me a minimum seat height of 15 1/4" which is only 3/4" lower then our home toilets.

So has anyone tackled this project and what did you do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flange.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	171596  

sandpsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2017, 12:53 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is the original toilet the sea land concerto if it is I understand there is an adapter to install a regular toilet.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I believe that the OEM toilet is a Sealand Traveler 500 Plus. Mine's still working fine.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:32 PM   #4

Yes it's the original Sealand. The adapter kit is $20 and lets you go from bolts at 2, 4, 8, and 10, to 3, and 9. The same can be done with a dill and Dermal in less time then installing the adapter.

Has anyone changed the flange and removed the spacer ring between it and the floor?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:36 PM   #5

I have an 08 Vectra 40TD and have replaced the toilet.
I had what looked like a standard arrangement toilet flange in mine when I took the old toilet off so there were no adapters etc that I had to deal with.
Just replaced the gasket and mounted.
Wish I could offer some more help.

Bob
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 10:06 PM   #6

Just replaced our Dometic Concerto 3310 today with a new 320. The Control module failed on it and is no longer available. Quoted $726 if it was still in stock. The Concerto came with a 2" base with the four bolt flange. The flange was screwed to the floor wth 8 3" screws. I removed the four bolts and installed the two supplied bolts at the 9 and 3 position. Installed the 320 and works great. My wife is 5'7" tall and likes the height. With great difficulty the flange can be removed from the tank but the tank seals makes it very hard to reinstall without being lubricated. Anybody need a Concerto before I throw it in the trash?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
Just replaced our Dometic Concerto 3310 today with a new 320. The Control module failed on it and is no longer available. Quoted $726 if it was still in stock. The Concerto came with a 2" base with the four bolt flange. The flange was screwed to the floor wth 8 3" screws. I removed the four bolts and installed the two supplied bolts at the 9 and 3 position. Installed the 320 and works great. My wife is 5'7" tall and likes the height. With great difficulty the flange can be removed from the tank but the tank seals makes it very hard to reinstall without being lubricated. Anybody need a Concerto before I throw it in the trash?
Did you have the white 1 1/4" spacer that is trapped under the flange? I was going to do what you did but the spacer is smaller then the 320 base.

I'm Thinking I will just cut the old flange off remove the space, shorten the pipe as needed and install a new flange.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #8

Yes I did. Left the approx 12x 18 base and installed on top. Works great. I first removed the base only to find that three of the tile had been roughly cut out for the screws. I also removed the flange thinking I would repair the tiles only to find it is very difficult to reinstall in the tank and also found that the flange would not sit flush with the tiles without enlarging the hole in the floor. So I reinstalled the Concerto base and flange and mounted the 320 on top. Looks and works great
Old 08-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honwing View Post
Yes I did. Left the approx 12x 18 base and installed on top. Works great. I first removed the base only to find that three of the tile had been roughly cut out for the screws. I also removed the flange thinking I would repair the tiles only to find it is very difficult to reinstall in the tank and also found that the flange would not sit flush with the tiles without enlarging the hole in the floor. So I reinstalled the Concerto base and flange and mounted the 320 on top. Looks and works great
Thanks for the reply.

My base is a bit under 10" in diameter and front to back the 320 is 10.5". My flange is also glued in, was. I cut it off today and got the spacer out. Once the new flange shows up I'll make the final height cut and peal away what is left of the old flange from the pipe. My biggest worry was the tile but there's more then enough for the toilet base to cover.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170809_124604.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	172336  
Old 08-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #10

I got the new flange and cut out what was left of the old one. It wasn't just glued in it was chemically fused to the down pipe. I couldn't even brake away small cut away pieces There was plenty of pipe to glue the new flange to and then secure it with the 8 screws. I forgot to take a pic of thee flange but the toilet went on rather easy after that.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170815_151936.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	173503  
Old 05-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #11
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
Got mine installed 3 days ago but it has a persistent leak from the front. I have retightened the bolts 3 times and I don't think I can go any tighter without breaking something.
I looked at the original dometic (2008) seal and found it was a little bigger and if I tried to use it the toilet rocked Any suggestions?
Old 06-01-2018, 05:52 PM   #12
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I found out that I needed the small seal on the bottom of the toile and a larger seal = one fit into another. All is well now.

Tags
ace, replace, toilet