RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-18-2018, 01:24 PM   #1

HDMI 4x4 Matrix

Hello,
I'm new to this forum so thanks for any help! I have 2016 Adventurer with HDMI 4X4 Matrix Box. It came with a Blu Ray & 3 TV's. So I attach 2 Directv receivers to it. No matter what I've tried I can not get the TV in the bedroom to work independent from the living room. If I change the channel in the bedroom it changes in the living room. I know I'm hooked up right because if I go outside that TV works perfect. I can change channels, watch recorded things without anything changing in the living room. Any ideas???? Help

wmcarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-18-2018, 02:24 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Do you have the documentation for the 4x4 matrix box? Maybe there is a configuration that is binding ports together.

Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #3

sounds like you may have both tv’s on the same HDMI port. in our Suncruiser (same as your Adventurer) the OTA antenna is HDMI port 1 and the sar dish is HDMI port 2. the front TV is connected to port 2 on the 4x4 while the back TV is on HDMI port 3 on the 4x4.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:33 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It sounds like a remote issue. The matrix has built in IR receivers and transmitters. If both DTV receivers use the same IR commands it could change both receivers. Or do you have RF controlled remotes set to the same commands. Where either remote commands both receivers.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Yep I just found that thanks
Old 12-19-2018, 06:17 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad it is working now.

I have found it works best if I set one DirecTV to RF and one to IR. For what its worth, one of my boxes is stubborn about connecting. I have found that if I wait until it has lights flashing and then press the reset button it will then connect. Also be aware that the matrix tends to overheat so may require a small fan. Other than that, we have used ours for 3 1/2 years with no problems.

Good luck.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #7

Thanks for the tip! I’m going to print this out for next time. Lol
I’ve got a fan up there but with the metal frame they put around the matrix box I’m thinking the air isn’t reaching it. Maybe thinking about drilling a couple of holes in the side.
Thanks again
Old 12-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #8

You can program RF remotes to work with set 1 and set 2......ask 'how to' on google....they'll work independent of each other...
Old 12-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Here’s the thing about heat in those upper cabinets on Adventurer and Suncruisers, it’s coming from the windshield and especially from the 6” black stripe at the top of your windshield.

Many of us have taken the step to solve it. It requires you to remove everything up there (scary), unscrew the mouse fur covered cardboard panels that make up the back of the cabinets, and stuff pink fiberglass insulation between the windshield and the cardboard panels.

This works great. My cabinets would routinely exceed 120 degrees up there in the sun. Now, they are what ever the coach temp is.

You’ll be amazed how much better all that equipment works when it’s not over heated.

It took me and others on the winnieowers forum about 3-hours to do the job but made a huge improvement in the coach.

I don’t know anyone that’s tried it, but applying a 6” wide strip of white or silver reflective vinyl over the black windshield stripe at the top of the windshield on the outside might do the trick as well. On my Adventurer the back of the windshield wasn’t too hot but behind the black strip was over 130 degrees on the day I insulted my upper cabinets.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:55 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Hereís the thing about heat in those upper cabinets on Adventurer and Suncruisers, itís coming from the windshield and especially from the 6Ē black stripe at the top of your windshield.

Many of us have taken the step to solve it. It requires you to remove everything up there (scary), unscrew the mouse fur covered cardboard panels that make up the back of the cabinets, and stuff pink fiberglass insulation between the windshield and the cardboard panels.

This works great. My cabinets would routinely exceed 120 degrees up there in the sun. Now, they are what ever the coach temp is.

Youíll be amazed how much better all that equipment works when itís not over heated.

It took me and others on the winnieowers forum about 3-hours to do the job but made a huge improvement in the coach.

I donít know anyone thatís tried it, but applying a 6Ē wide strip of white or silver reflective vinyl over the black windshield stripe at the top of the windshield on the outside might do the trick as well. On my Adventurer the back of the windshield wasnít too hot but behind the black strip was over 130 degrees on the day I insulted my upper cabinets.
I did essentially the same thing on my upper cabinets except we removed the cabinets in order to install the magnets for our MagneShade windshield screen. before we put the cabinets back placed a length of the reflective foil on the back of the cabinets.

we also installed a pair of 12-volt muffin fans in the electronics cabinet on an adjustable power supply (in order to control the speed). we also removed the solid panel from the center cabinet door and replaced it with a mesh screen. with the fans blowing out, the insulation behind the cabinets and the mesh screen in the center cabinet door the cabinet temps remain nearly the same as the ambient temperature in the coach.
Attached Images

rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote