RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #1

Heat problem

Greetings all, the wife and I have a 2015 Itasca Ellipse Ultra, and really like it. We have plans to trade to a Newmar, but just can't make our minds up. We went to the Tampa show and answered our current questions but came up with twice aas many more!!

But in the mean time we developed another problem and we can't get to the service center for another month. The heat in the guest and master bath does not blow hot air, only cold. I've tried running the diesel aqua hot and the electric aqua hot independent of each other as well as together and no joy.

The heat in the living area works fine. We are managing to keep everything comfortable using the fireplace to compensate. If anyone has had similar problems and know of quick and easy things to check, please let us know.

Thanks
Brent

stony30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2017, 08:29 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
First - check to insure your Aqua Hot (AH) reservoir is full of fluid (not the hot and cold indicators). Then look at the AH indicator lights next to the reservoir and note any that are dark or red (your manual will lead you through the meanings). If nothing is indicated or the manual doesn't lead to a fix, then shut down the AH system and kill your 120 and 12 V electrical systems (battery switches) - leave off for about 15 minutes and restart all. Sometimes the AH will reset and operate.

IF that doesn't work call the Aqua-Hot service line - the techs are good about walking you through some diagnostics ... and they'll want to know what you've already done.

My first suspicions would be electrical connections followed by stir-pump problems. Have your unit's serial # in-hand when talking with the techs - you might find they'll be sending you four new pumps to be installed ...

Please let us know what results - we all learn ...

Old 01-30-2017, 06:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Heat problem

Ok I am going to answer based on the hot water is working and zone 1(front of bus) is working. This means that the bedroom zone pump is not working (middle motor between other zone motor and burner unit). This can be checked by removing the cover and disconnecting the spade connector at the pump (black wire) and putting a jumper on the motor side to ground (any exposed screw on the bus). This will turn the motor on and you should hear it run as well as feel the hoses on the output side heating up. You may need to wedge something in the switch that opens when you remove the cover to allow the motors to run. Some of mine were dragging, and one was locked up (no sound). There are a lot of know issues with these motors, (I just replaced all 4 under warranty. After I replaced them I tore them apart and discovered the reason they are failing on mine was junk in the motor part of the pump.
If you are in a bind and handy you can clamp off the hose so they don't leak (vice grips) and remove the pump. Take out the 4 screws and separate the housing. The propeller side will have a shaft the goes to round magnet. Clean up everything and put back together. Test pump before installing back in system. One of mine could not be repaired as the magnet part that goes into the coil did not come out when I separated it and could not pry it out afterwards. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Ron ND5T
ND5T is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat