Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Help For Pre-2004 Winnebago w/ SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry System aka Winne #102756-03

Has anyone found a direct replacement for Winnebago’s #102756-03 Keyless Entry Systems? This is the older keyless entry system and is NOT the same as what all the other posts are talking about.

Read this: https://winnebagoind.com/resources/s...ss%20Entry.pdf

I have a 2004 Winnebago/Itasca Horizon 40AD, and my coach has the “older” Winnebago #102756-03 Keyless Entry Module which does not work and I don’t have any key fobs to test it. (Not that it matters since these older systems are junk and most coaches, like my coach currently, has the fuse pulled so the system cannot work.) However, I hope to find an easy fix.

Now… If you have been reading all the other Threads/Posts, then you know you can obtain a Wire Assembly/Harness and control module from Winnebago or Trimark that will “plug-and-play” …but ONLY if you have the newer 2005 or newer Winnebago Keyless Entry Modules #151458 or #176367. ..And with these systems -- for about $350 in parts, and only 30-45 minutes to install the module and wire assembly, you can have a fully operating keyless entry system you can do yourself.

BUT… for the rest of us with pre-2004 Winnebago coaches with the older #102756-03 Keyless Entry Modules, we are stuck hard-wiring and soldering wires. By the way, I think the Trimark Kit is Part #22316-02, which includes everything you need if you want to go this route. (I don't.)

I posted this new Thread to find out if anyone has found a better solution for only Winnebago’s #102756-03 keyless entry systems?

And I don’t mean how you can replace just the remotes as described here:
https://www.remotesandkeys.net/produ...-motorhome-fob

What we need is a clear testimonial from someone who has replaced their Winne Control Module #102756-03 (pin-for-pin) with a Honda or Ford or Isuzu, etc. and where they bought this solution.

We know SCS put this same module in other vehicles and some post even talk about adding a Ford Crown Victoria Key Pad to the system.

So there should be a replacement module with pre-programmed key fobs I can drop into my 2004 Winnebago; and hopefully this solution will work for everyone else who has the #102756-03 Keyless Entry Systems.

Many thanks!
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 AM   #2

I added a Ford keyless system to my Adventurer. I had to add power locks, and the keyless system. In researching the system I used, it seemed like it would be fairly easy to swap in place of a Trimark system since the power locks are already there.

Wish you were closer, I'd give it a shot, have a pile of Ford modules and wiring left from my project. Maybe I'll poke around in your wiring diagrams, I made diagrams for my system, maybe figure out just what it would take.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
My 2004 Chieftain has the same keyless control as yours. It quit last year: would lock but not unlock. I replaced it with this Universal unit from Ebay. It was only $13.90 shipped. I thought I was worth a chance I could make it work. It works fine and the key fobs have great range. The only thing that's different is the porch light comes on when you lock, not like original, when you unlock (that wire is designed to put the power windows up). Only took me a couple of hours to install. All the signals are compatible & you just need to splice in the new wire harness.

Universal Car Door Lock Keyless Entry System Auto Remote Central Kit Control Box | eBay
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:04 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I replaced mine with a $28 Keyless system. It took some time reading the WB wiring diagrams. It was an easy install and works great. Any good alarm shop should be able to install if you furnish the WB prints.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf astra 50 keyless.pdf (195.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf KEYLESS SKD.pdf (19.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf Keyless wire info.pdf (610.0 KB, 92 views)
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 PM   #5

Thread Clarification

All the usable posts I have read talk about using a wire harness from late model 2004 Winnebagos that will let them a Winne wire harness to "plug-n-play" with the newer Trimark's eASK Keyless Entry System. However, these late 2004 and newer coaches utilize a Winne 176367-02 system; and this thread is specifically targeting all those early model 2004 Winnebago's (and other coaches) that utilize the SCS-Frigette #176367-03 system.

QUESTION #1) Does anyone know where I can get a SCS-Frigette #176367-03 wire assembly/harness to "Plug-n-Play" with today's available Trimark system?

...Winnebago does not provide one and Trimark does not either.

Question #2) Who has found a direct pin-for-pin keyless control module from another vehicle? For example, can I use a 1997-9 Masda Protege?

I mention this because I discovered these Mazda Proteges utilized the same SCS-Frigette FCC ID#G57ITX318 frequency, but that may not mean they use the same control module. Or does it? (Probably not. I do not know. Do you?)

Apparently remotes are not hard to find for this FCC ID, but keyless controllers are. Here's the link to find replacement key fobs.

https://www.remotesandkeys.net/produ...-motorhome-fob

Note: I'm in favor of finding a compatible wire assembly for my 2004 Itasca Horizon (which has a different keyless entry system than it's brother and later model 2004 Vectra), because then I can easily install the newer Trimark system without hard wiring it ...and possibly making a mistake since there are no wiring diagrams available.

Note: Some said their older Winne #-03 system had the wire map on the back of the unit. Which would be a big help, but I have not been able to confirm that, because my coach is in storage until June.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:35 PM   #6

Solution - wire it yourself with this wire conversion chart

Here is the solution I came up with. (See .pdf file attached.)

SUMMARY

It's relatively easy to cut your 17-Pin SCS-Frigette wire harness out of your coach and hard-wire it to your new universal Keyless Entry System (KES).

... and for less than $50 in parts, you too can have a working FOB to lock and unlock your entry door and cargo door.

Plus it's nice to have a "Panic Button" just to chirp at intruders or animals that maybe outside your coach when you are inside and can't see them.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 08-30-2019, 02:40 PM   #7

Correction: You can upgrade all scs-frigette keyless entry systems easily

I want to correct the misconception that Tri-mark has proliferated for years by answering these questions:

So what is the difference between the late model 2004-2009 SCS-Frigette system and the early model 2004 system?

Answer: Only 1 additional pin. (See Pin #17 on the newer system. This is the +5V Keypad Signal.) That is all. ...In my older SCS system you can see Pin #17 is "blank" because I don't have a key pad located outside my front door.

…What Winnebago did is add a “yellow wire” to Pin #17 so they can ship select RVs with an external Key Pad installed next to the front door. And the rest of the pins and the wire colors are the same!!!

So just because Trimark does NOT offer a wire harness for older (pre-2004) Winne-SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry Systems (that mate to their MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE Trimark Keyless Entry System)... who cares!

...You can just remove your wire harness from the SCS modult and easily modifiy it on your bench. Just cut off the connector and hardwire a few relays using the pin conversion chart we provided in the previous post.

You also can use any (cheap) universal Keyless Entry System of your choice. We chose Avital brand because we liked the small key fob. However, you do want to select one that has two channels so you can open your main door and your cargo doors separately.

Note: Don't assume the "trunk" button on the fob will work. Why? It is only designed to "unlock" the trunk; and their is no button to "lock" the trunk, because in a car you manually shut the trunk and it locks automatically or it locks when you lock your door. So again, if you want to "unlock" your trunk by pusning two buttons at the same time (Channel 2) then you need to pick a universal KES that offers a 2 channel option.

Note #2: All KES fobs we found require you to hold or press two buttons at the same time in order to activate the second channel. We don't like that so much, but it's not a deal breaker!

* Back to the main topic: With the .pdf posted previously, you don’t have to be a wizard to replace your Keyless Entry System (KES) with a new one. That is if you are armed with the attached Pin Conversion Chart and use the Avital product or one of their sister company products. Just follow the pin-outs in the attached chart or modify it slightly to work with the universal KES you chose.

For 3 years we used a key or keys to enter lock and then unlock the door. We even thought is was a little nostalgic to use a key in today's world. That's nuts! Now that we have been using the fob to come and go... it's so much easier! And we wish we upgraded to a KES systems sooner. The problem was lack of knowing what we were going to encounter. But now you know what we know. So don't delay. Upgrade to a new KES today and do it yourself!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_160219.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	258530   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190618_161506.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	258531  

Name:	20190704_194034(0).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	258532  
Old 09-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #8

Loving my Keyless Entry Fob -- You Will Too!

For over 3 years I used a key to enter and lock my coach. I thought there was something nostalgic about this. Boy was I trying to convince myself "It's not a big deal to use a key!"

...Boy was I wrong.

I have been using my Fob for over 2 months now and I wish I ripped out my old SCS-Frigette system years ago!

And since you are using a Universal Keyless Entry System it does not matter what model SCS-Frigette or Trimark System you have, because you can find your wiring diagram on the back of your old keyless entry model.

Then you can hardwire the Universal wire harness to your coach wire harness on your bench. So don't worry about working in small places in your RV, because that will not be the case.

And your doors already have all the door-plungers installed. And so do your cargo door looks if you rig came with this option.

I also like the siren option that is easy to wire. I like it because if I think I hear an animal (or person) outside, all I need to do it hit the "panic button" and the siren goes off and the RV marker lights start to flash.

You coach wiring used the horn, but we recommend you order a separate $10 horn off Amazon, and with just 2 relays you can wire your own siren up.

It's also easy to learn how relays work. Just watch a YouTube video.

You can fix your keyless entry system for about $75 and you will love using a remote again!

So stop living in the past! And I bet 80% of all pre-2009 RVs out there have a non-working FOB. So don't try to fix your fob (other than replacing the battery first) and don't try to fix that old keyless-wireless system. ...Just wire in a $25 Universal KES you can buy off Ebay or Amazon and you will get 2 new fobs and you will be very happy you can start using a FOB again!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:35 PM   #9

Important Tips When Selecting A Replacement KES

Sounds like there are a lot of SCS-Frigetted KES out there. Maybe they all use the same coach wiring (17 pin connector).

If you have combo lock next to your front door, then you will likely have 1 extra wire that connects to Pin #17 on your wire harness. And if you do not have a combo lock then Pin #17 will be a no connect (NC).

KES CONSIDERATIONS:

1) We decided to buy the Avital 3100 off Amazon, but you can use any keyless entry remote. .

* We found you can re-use the outer frame of your existing SCS-Frigette black box to hold the Avital KES in place.

* Just gut your old SCS mother board by splitting the case... and then use the outer shell to hold your new Avital KES in place.

* You will need to file the Avital down a bit to fit inside, but who cares. The important part is that you can mount your new Avital box against the rear metal wall using the same holes your SCS box used... right where it should go.

* Just drill a hole for your Avital antenna to fit.

Purchase suggestions:

Avital 3100XL:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Siren: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Relay with wire harness included:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fuse holder: (You only need one or two)

https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-EPAut...5ZR7R3VSY9ESGT

2) We also liked the small fobs in this Avital unit. They fit easily in our pocket.

3) We did not hook up the "horn" function because you can hear the fob lock and unlock your doors. And we did not want to hear the "chirps" when using the fob. And we did not want to wire another relay to enable this function.

Remember... all those tiny wires are mill-volt leads that need a relay to switch 12v power. So don't worry if all those sires on your new KEY look cheap.

4) You need to add 2 relays to your front door open function, because the SCS-Frigette KEY was designed with onboard relays to pulse 12v to open your door plunger. But your new Avital KES has low voltage outputs. So you need to add 1 relay for the "open" function; and a second relay for the "lock" function... and if I remember the front door plunger is "negative" edge triggered. So you need to wire your relay to compensate for this. (Not hard. You just need to know relays can be wired a number of ways. See our installation guide.)

5) We did buy and mount a Siren on the outside of the wire compartment. (Just drill a hole and fish a hot wire through... being sure you add additional tape round the part of the wire that goes through the hole to prevent vibration from shorting the wire out in the future. WE ALSO LIKE HAVING THE SIREN... and have on occasion used the "Panic" button on the fob to scare away skunks. Works well for other critters (and people) too.

6) We are not a fan of having to hold down 2-buttons on the fob at the same time to "LOCK" the corgo doors. And you don't have to enable this option on your new KES if you don't want to, but it is a plus.

If you elect not to wire your new KES to lock your cargo doors you can always use the lock button just inside your entry door.

Note: Universal KES remotes do not normally have a Trunk-LOCK function, because most trunks are manually shut. However, you may be able to program your Avital so that 1-button will lock the cargo doors. We did not go this route, because we found the Avital Installation Instructions to be VERY, VERY difficult to follow.

7) We recommend you read the tread we referred you to above... and then download the .pdf for information on how to add additional relays to your set-up to enable your Universal KES.

8) The best part: You can unhook your existing wire harness and nothing in your RV will be affected.

* This means you can use the wire conversion table we provide in our Installation Instructions to build a wire harness on your bench... with that mess of additional relays you will add.

** And don't be surprised if your SCS-Frigette label has different names to describe your pin functions. ...Trust me, they perform the same function. They just make it hard to understand for the average RV owner. VERY HARD. This is why no one has proposed a conversion table for over 15 years! (Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty proud of myself for coming up with one! And I'm no expert on car alarm systems.)

Besides, you can't hurt your existing wires if you make a mistake so long as you pay attention to your system (trigger) setup either being "+" or "-" trigger. And even then I don't think you can hurt your system because relays protect it. That's why they say, you if your door operate backwards you can just reverse polarity and they will work properly.

9) YOU WILL NOT USE ALL OF THE WIRES available in the Avital wire harness. These are for remote start and other functions you will not need.

Help For Pre-2004 Winnebago w/ SCS-Frigette Keyless Entry System aka Winne #102756-03

The picture blow shows the Avital 3100XL box stuffed inside the old SCS-Frigette outer shell... with a rats nest of relays we added for just the front door operation. However, if you want to enable the lock and unlock your cargo doors your will have 2 more relays, we did not show in this picture. (Note: The Cargo doors are 12v positive edge triggered. Just apply a momentary 12v pulse to your cargo door wire and it should open with out a relay, but you should add a relay anyway to protect the circuit for shorting out your KES in the future.)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190628_153701.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	376.3 KB
ID:	265510  
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IRV2 SCS-Frigette Wire Conversion Diagram To Avital KES (PDF).pdf (2.04 MB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf SCS Frigette Wire Conversion CHART + Relay Diagram To Avital KES 3100 (Keep) (PDF).pdf (116.7 KB, 43 views)

Tags
winnebago