Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #1

Help in Replacing Fog Light Lens

Hopefully I am submitting this request correctly.

I feel that I am above average around-the-home mechanic. I have replaced engines in cars, removed & replaced transmissions and rewired a car. However the two fog lights on my 2000 Winnebago Journey 36DL has me buffaloed. The lens fell out of one of them and the other came out when I was trying to figure out how the other one could be reinstalled. Now both lens are out.

Questions: Are the lens permanently attached to the reflector and mine have become loose due to age? Is there a way to have the metal rim that holds the reflector also hold the lens? I have tried and tried, but can not get the metal rim to hold the lens. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Wade
b52bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
doc

Appalachian Campers
We had the 2000 Itasca Horizon - sister of Journey. Also had the same fog light problem. I found one lens lying on the ground in front of the coach, but the other had fallen off while in transit someplace. The lights still worked. I ended up calling the dealer in Forest City (Lichtins...???? something) the other light had simply turned loose of the lens. Looked like some bonding agent had failed (gotten hard) and the lens fell off. I sealed the lens back in place with some caulk and then covered the seam with strip of tape all the way round the edge over the caulk. That was several years before we sold the coach and it was still holding tight. Was it a permanent fix? Probably not but it was a LONG term fix.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #3

doc,
One of the fog light lenses on our 02 Journey got broken by a flying rock several years ago. I discovered that it is not possible to buy the lense seperate from the whole assembly. I ended up paying $72 at the dealer for the whole assembly, when I got the box the assembly came in I googled the name and part number and found an RV salvage place in Oregon that sold exactly the same thing for $26 a Pair. The bad news is that I didn't keep any records and my memory is not once it was. Hopefully if you dig long and hard enough you can find a deal.
Bob
rvrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrat View Post
doc,
One of the fog light lenses on our 02 Journey got broken by a flying rock several years ago. I discovered that it is not possible to buy the lense seperate from the whole assembly. I ended up paying $72 at the dealer for the whole assembly, when I got the box the assembly came in I googled the name and part number and found an RV salvage place in Oregon that sold exactly the same thing for $26 a Pair. The bad news is that I didn't keep any records and my memory is not once it was. Hopefully if you dig long and hard enough you can find a deal.
Bob
Doc & RVRAT... Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. Your solutions were good ones so I ended up epoxying the lens back on. What threw me was the lens did not look like they were glued on since there seem to be a rubber gasket between the lens and shield. I guess the rubber gasket was the original glue.

Wade
b52bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #5

The lights you are looking for were also used as an option on 93-97 Ford, Ranger pickups. They are available for $19.95 complete on E-bay. I just had to purchase a set for my 01 Journey. They are exact down to the mounting bolt. Hope this helps.
Geary
geary is offline   Reply With Quote