Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Arrow Help Wanted With Jack problem

We have an itasca Cambria 31 and are having trouble with the jacks. They worked fine and now they are stuck. One yellow light on right side bu raise right button stays on. Also under coach the red lights are all on and 1 is blinking. We just recently traded to downsize but the 5th wheel was no problem whatever. Winnebago is know for it's product but oh, my? Any suggestions?
neel2270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

To get help, you might add if this coach is new or used, and what year. Also give the manufacturer of the jacks, as there are several manufacturers and the symptoms will be different.
One suggestion I have is to call the jack manufacturer and ask for their advice. I have found that whoever made the component will be usually happy to help with questions and problems over the phone.
Hope that helps...
krivanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Are you sure the emergency brake is set? If the brake is not on the jacks won't work.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 05:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Help wanted with Jack problem

It is Itaska Cambria 2011. We bought it used and it had a slightly bent Jack on upper drivers side that was replaced and worked fine for 2 outings. HWH Brake control but when I called them they are 3 weeks behind on returning calls! I sent email thinking I would get better response. I called Lichtsinn( so nice) where I had bought a few things and they suggested checking brake switch. Fuses seem to be OK but found connection wire behind fuse box that is loose but never could get the jacks to respond to that fix. I assume brake switch goes bad and will not show when park brake is on? Oh, and yes I had the park/emergency brake set. Could it be brake fluid? Just thought of that.
Another question. Lichtsinn said to always have the motor running when putting the jacks down but manual says cut engine and have in accessory? Will they extend while engine is running? I always did what the manual said do.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Sorry can't tell by your posts, but is your issue with getting the jacks to go down aka level the camper or back in after being deployed ? If its trying to level after getting set up one thing i learned is the jacks go the opposite way of the arrow...arrow up meant jack down aka camper up. Took me a few minutes to figure this out. As for running or off I have always done it with the vehicle running. The hydraulics use alot of power so running will help keep the battery charged.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

We have tried to get them to move either way and nothing. We cancel in between hitting the switch. And yes, we are trying to get them to go down to level. Thank goodness the. Slabs have been level so far but .......
Thank we are hiring up and going in for repair soon. Getting discussed! Neither of us are very mechanical so I guess we will let someone else do the thinking.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

ours take a bit to go down and you need to hold the button all the way. Ours is not an auto level. Do you hear a motor run when holding the button in ? You should hear the motor run.