Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Help with locating flasher

I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U and both my turn signals and 4-way flashers went out. I found and replaced the flasher for my turn signals but can't find the one four my 4-ways. Ant ideas?
wendyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

BUMP UP

Note to Jeff ... I think it would be helpful if you posted which chassis your rig was built on
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
BUMP UP

Note to Jeff ... I think it would be helpful if you posted which chassis your rig was built on

Workhorse
Old 06-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I thought that it was the same one. I have had the switch for the 4 ways go out on mine, twice.

Do your 4 ways not work?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Bruce,
No, my 4-ways do not work. I always thought there was only one also, but after talking to a number of people I was told there always have been seperate flashers for the turn signals and 4 ways. I talked to Winnebago and he said it would be to the right of the steering column and that I would have to really crank my head to find it. I used a flashlight and a mirror but had no luck. I will check out the switch, seems like a lot easier of a fix than trying to find the flasher.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Mine has two flashers, one is for the turn signal/4 way. The other is for the stupid antenna light. I replaced the flasher a couple of times and finally got the heavy duty one with a relay in it.

The turn signal/4 way flasher is the one furthest to the left.

The 4 way switch is the same (at least in my 2001) as the mid 90s chevy trucks. I have a 95 Suburban with an identical turn signal/4 way switch (all one unit) and an identical instrument panel. You might pull these things from a boneyard.

The switch is kind of overstressed because you are flashing a lot more lights than in a pickup truck.

I pull an enclosed trailer with 4 more lights that flash.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

For what it's worth, I just went thru the hell of trying to find my 4-way. According to Winnebago, its supposed to be behind the kick panel left of the steering column. Tore the d***ed panel apart, but never could find it. Then, I had to go under the hood for something else, checked the fuse panel and lo & behold there was a Warner 552 12V aluminum flasher canister plugged in. I pulled it out, checked my turn signals and they still worked, so I went down to the auto parts and found a heavy duty electronic flasher that was rated better than the standard HD. It was only $8.99. Plugged it in and it works better than ever!

Still haven't found the location of the turn flasher,although I can hear it!
free2wander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:07 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

My 4way flasher is not plugged into a mounted socket. The socket and flasher is on the end of about 6 inches of wire/s close to the firewall under the dash on the left side.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjeff View Post
I have a 2002 Adventurer 35U and both my turn signals and 4-way flashers went out. I found and replaced the flasher for my turn signals but can't find the one four my 4-ways. Ant ideas?

On my 04 33v WH, the turn flasher is just hangin', about a foot off the floor, tucked back between the left kick panel, and the steering column. Its hard to find, tucked in with alot of other wires, and on mine is very " "short wired" ( as is the whole coach)... Its plastic, about an inch in diameter, clear dome...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote