Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #1

Hot Water Foam

I have just recently de-winterized my 2007 Voyage. Everything seems to be fine except that the hot water is full of foam. When winterized the water heater bypass wasn't working properly and allowed anti freeze into the water heater. Had that repaired this spring and re-winterized by the service center.

When de-winterizing I bypassed the water heater and connected to city water. Ran all plumbing fixtures on both hot and cold until only clear water came through. I drained a bit of the pink stuff from the water heater and then flushed it with clean water until only clear water came out again.

Opened the water heater bypass and then filled the fresh water tank. Using the pump I ran water through all faucets. Noted that the hot water faucets spit lots of air before any water ran through. I've since allowed the water pump to continue until it shut off. Assuming that the water heater was properly filled at that point.

Now when I turn on a hot water faucet I get lots of foam with the water. Cold side still runs clear.

I am open to any suggestions to correct this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 09:48 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Same thing happened to me, when I had the coach winterized I think they got some anti-freeze in the water heater. With the by-pass in "non-bypass mode" I opened the water heater vent and drain and let it empty. Then connected the hose to the coach and ran it for about five minutes with water pouring out the water heater drain. After I was certain the water heater was anti-freeze free I went and ran ALL hot water faucets for 5-10 minutes each until they ran clear "no foam" I even did the outside shower. after that I did the cold but not as long. Then I filled the tank and I appear to foam free.
pmgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:05 AM   #3

It will take time to clear it out of the water system.

I de-winterize then follow with a sanitize the fresh water system using the prescribed bleach mixture. It should help to clean things up a little quicker!

Adam
Old 05-19-2015, 06:17 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I probably still have some of the pink stuff in the water heater. I'll drain it again and flush it the best I can, and then run the faucets. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:36 AM   #5

I find when I add too much bleach to the sanitizing routine, I get a lot of foam.

I also get a lot of pressure.

Tags
water