Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
RRE

Winnebago Owners Club
How do you turn on Courtsey Light?

I bought a used 2009 Winnebago Journey and wanted to know how to turn on the "courtesy light" by the passenger door to see the switches? The light is above the switches on the panel. Can anyone help me?
RRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #2

My 2010 Tour had the switch on the passengers arm rest
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:07 PM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Headlights have to be on....
Old 07-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
RRE

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry, no switch on the armrest....but thanks for responding
Old 07-24-2017, 06:23 PM   #5
RRE

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry, didn't work with the headlights on....bulb is good as I tested it for continuity...but thanks for responding
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looking at the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram for your coach it looks like there are two switches which control the two 'aisle' lights, one in the bedroom (see Switch Detail EB in the wiring diagram) and one in the lounge (see Switch Detail EN, same diagram). The second aisle light is near the floor under the OnePlace panel.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #7
RRE

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Looking at the Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 12 Volt Wiring Installation diagram for your coach it looks like there are two switches which control the two 'aisle' lights, one in the bedroom (see Switch Detail EB in the wiring diagram) and one in the lounge (see Switch Detail EN, same diagram). The second aisle light is near the floor under the OnePlace panel.
Thanks for responding, I'll take a look
Old 07-25-2017, 08:32 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Correction: The Switch Details are in the Wiring Installation diagram.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #9

Do you have the all of the batteries on?
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #10

I have a Newmar but there is one in bedroom and one on dash console ... they are labeled "CTSY".
Old 07-25-2017, 11:13 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my 2004 Itasca, the courtesy light by the door is tied to the porch light, but my light is below the switches (battery, compartment) rather than above them, illuminating the inside step area.
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #12

In my 2012 Winnebago, the passengers map light only works when the chassis battery is on, regardless of shore power.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4van View Post
On my 2004 Itasca, the courtesy light by the door is tied to the porch light, but my light is below the switches (battery, compartment) rather than above them, illuminating the inside step area.

I don't think we are all referring to the same lights. In my Newmar (yes, I know ... could be different), the "Courtesy Lights" are along the floor (like a movie theater) and the "Patio Light" is an outside light near the door and an inside light that lights the staircase.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
I don't think we are all referring to the same lights. In my Newmar (yes, I know ... could be different), the "Courtesy Lights" are along the floor (like a movie theater) and the "Patio Light" is an outside light near the door and an inside light that lights the staircase.
Understood, but the OP has a Winnebago (my Itasca is made by Winnebago), so I figured I'd throw it out there as another possibility. Mine has 2 identical "courtesy lights" along the floor; 1 in the hallway with it's own dedicated switch (labeled "Aisle"). The second is at the doorway, identical fixture and at the height as the first, illuminating the stairwell. That one, rather than a dedicated switch, is on the same circuit as the outside porchlight (same as yours, but my switch is labeled "Porch" rather than "Patio".
4x4van is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light