Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #1

How to contact Winnebago

There is a thread in the Class A section about the duals touching on a 95 Winnebago Brave 27'. The tires that are supposed to be on it are 7.5x16. The replacement tires are 235-85-R16. They are wider and touch at the contact point with the road. Another iRV2 member (with the same MH) noticed this and when I checked mine they were touching. I have over 10,000 miles on these tires. How do you contact Winnebago to find out what the remedy is for this problem? There must be hundreds of units like this out there.
CharlieTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Winnebago WEB Site

Contact Info

Information request email form

If you own one of our motor homes and have a question about it, we encourage you to contact our Service Administration area by phone or email. • (800)-537-1885

For inquiries related to your current vehicle, service, or dealer inquires, please have the following information ready when making your call:
• Complete 12 digit serial number
• Date of purchase
• Selling dealers name

I think to do it right you will need to change wheels.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #3

Thank you John. I will call them tomorrow and post what I find out.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #4

I called Winnebago today.... They said they could not help me because they did not make the chassis. No recommendations. I guess I will have to contact GMC. I'm not too optimistic about that.:nonono
I found this in a manual for the P-32
Section 10 – Tires/Wheels
Check wheel lug nuts for proper torque; specifications are provided in the Owner’s
Manual.
Substitution of tires of greater capacity than those offered as original equipment by vehicle manufacturer is not approved for use on original equipment wheels. Any usage of
higher capacity tires must be accompanied by higher capacity wheels. However, the
wheel offset and distance from centerline of rim to wheel mounting face must be the
same as the replaced original equipment wheel to ensure proper wheel bearing loading
and clearance of tires to body and chassis components.
Increasing tire and wheel capacity does not necessarily increase vehicle GVW ratings.
It is recommended that tire chain clearance guideline, J683 from the Society of Automotive Engineers be adhered to in designing rear wheelhouse clearance.
Check tires and inflate to recommended tire pressure according to the tire pressure information displayed on the certification/tire label provided with the vehicle before shipment
of vehicle from Body builder.
Any substitution of tires may affect Speedometer/Odometer accuracy
Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieTwo View Post
There is a thread in the Class A section about the duals touching on a 95 Winnebago Brave 27'. The tires that are supposed to be on it are 7.5x16. The replacement tires are 235-85-R16. They are wider and touch at the contact point with the road. Another iRV2 member (with the same MH) noticed this and when I checked mine they were touching. I have over 10,000 miles on these tires. How do you contact Winnebago to find out what the remedy is for this problem? There must be hundreds of units like this out there.
i would check the possibility of using spacers between the rims.
many pick up truck dual conversions use spacers.
how much room do you have on the outside of the tires?
hopefully, the outside dual will not hit the fender.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:53 AM   #6

There is only a couple of threads showing above the nut. No room for a spacer without putting on longer studs. I don't know how good an idea that is. There are too many units still out there for this not to have come up before. I just have to find out where the info is at.

Tags
winnebago