Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I recently purchased a used Brave. Prior to purchase, I did not look closely at how to get cable service into the RV. This weekend, I was at an RV resort that provided cable service at each site. I looked at the owner's manual for the Brave. It stated that "some" had a cable outlet in the shore power compartment bay of the RV. I looked but did not find a cable plug in the exterior bay devoted to the shore power cord. In the interior of the RV, there is a cable plug for a rear TV, a cable plug in the exterior entertainment center, and cable wiring from the switchbox to the front TV. What do I need to do to get cable service into the Brave? Must I open and use the driver side window to run a TV cable from the camp site post into the cabinet to the right of the front TV? If so, what is used to secure the open window from the elements? What do others do? Apparently, I do not have an exterior cable plug.
peppermintpj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 03:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I recently purchased a used Brave. Prior to purchase, I did not look closely at how to get cable service into the RV. This weekend, I was at an RV resort that provided cable service at each site. I looked at the owner's manual for the Brave. It stated that "some" had a cable outlet in the shore power compartment bay of the RV. I looked but did not find a cable plug in the exterior bay devoted to the shore power cord. In the interior of the RV, there is a cable plug for a rear TV, a cable plug in the exterior entertainment center, and cable wiring from the switchbox to the front TV. What do I need to do to get cable service into the Brave? Must I open and use the driver side window to run a TV cable from the camp site post into the cabinet to the right of the front TV? If so, what is used to secure the open window from the elements? What do others do? Apparently, I do not have an exterior cable plug.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you dont have a exterior cable connection, just install one. Run a cable from your control box to the outside wall or a consealed place and install one just like you would do at home.
Then carry some cable for the hookup and your good to go.
If that is above your ability take to a RV shop and get it done, should not cost too much for this.

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I am sure the 97 Model will have cable hookup. Look in the electrical bay on a sidewall, should be cable and telephone hookup.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

peppermintpj1, welcome to the forum.
What you can do is check the back of your cable switch box and make sure you have no coax cable connected in the back of it marked cable input. If there isn't one you can run a connector cable down the "A" channel, from cabinet where switch box is located,and where you will find other wiring. You can bring it out thru firewall in front or run all the way back along a wiring harness under coach to service bay so you can hook to CG's cable service. Some have placed on fender wall of wheel well also. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

On my 96 Warrior, the connector was really hard to see. It was inside the service bay on the left side on the roof of the compartment. You had to get down on your knees and look up to see it.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:06 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Woohoo!!! Boy, I hope peppermintpj1 will come back and tell us how it all shook out... A great response like Clay's above is what makes this forum so worthwhile!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

To everyone that has replied: Thank you for all the help and suggestions. I never thought to stick my head in the electrical cord storage bay looking for the connection. I assumed it would be in a more noticeable spot within the storage bay.

As soon as my sister and I are over the flu, I plan to investigate the interior roof of the service bay hoping to find a cable connection. If it is not there, I will probably take the Brave to PPL next month and have them install what I need. Although I have taught myself a few auto repairs, I do not want to try work that is beyond my ability. (I will post an update later on the outcome.)

I am a widow hoping to soon be RV'ing in my new "used" RV. My sister and I both have a few health and disablilty issues but plan to travel together and see the the entire USA.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Good for you and your sister get healthy and enjoy your new "used" RV. Many happy and safe miles in your future. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

I found the exterior cable! It was indeed in the storage bay used to store the exterior electrical cord. Using a mirror to reflect the view of the bay ceiling, I found it located on the right side of the interior ceiling. It was straight above the electical outlet box. Using a mirror was much easier than trying to stick my head inside the bay so as to view the bay ceiling.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #11
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by peppermintpj1:
I found the exterior cable! It was indeed in the storage bay used to store the exterior electrical cord.
Thank you for all the help and suggestions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great news!!

Glad you found the answer in the forum....there are many informative topics here and lots of great people.
Come back often!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:09 AM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for this ancient thread, I found my external COAX connector

We recently acquired a vintage '96 Minnie 24'. I had looked high and low for the COAX connector. I could see a cable coming into to my antenna booster. And I could see the cable on the wiring diagrams I have downloaded. And I had previously looked in the electrical bay a few times.

But, after a more careful inspection tonight in the dark, I was able to finally locate it. On my 1996 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 24RC Class C motorhome, the exterior COAX cable connector was in the electrical bay on the top left. Very hard to see and I even missed it a couple of times while feeling around in the dark.

Thank you!
loonling is offline   Reply With Quote