Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-17-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH Jack Problem

Hello Friends, I am having a problem with my HWH Jacks. My left front jack
would not retract. I followed the procedure in the manual for manual jack retraction with success.
I checked the fluid level and filled with HWH fluid.
While I was trying to retract earlier I may have caused a fuse to blow not being patient and pushing the control buttons too fast. My slides work I have moved them a short distance and retracted them. None of the Jacks will go down.
I found the Control Box but how do you access it to check the fuses ?
I have never had a problem with Jacks on my two previous Winnebago
MH's.
I may have to go up to Camping World in Kissimmee it is 2 hr's north but gives me great service.
Thank's Jake
Old 05-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #2
KIX
Winnebago Master

I'm sure someone will be along here to advise you on fuse locations.
But, I noticed that you mentioned that you moved the slides a short distance and then retracted them. When operating the slides you should fully extend and/or fully retract them and at the extent of their travel, in eiter direction, you should continue to operate the power button for at least 5 seconds. By operating the slides in this manner you can make certain that the poppets in the hydraulic valves are fully closed when at the extent of either retraction or extension.
All that is what I was advised by HWH to prevent system problems. Sorry I can't help with fuse locations other than to tell you that there are some in line near the pump.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank's for the reply KIX, The reason I did not extend the slides was because I was not able to lower the jacks.This is the first problem I have ever had with jacks . My two previous Winnebago's were a 97 Adventure and a 03 Journey.I sold the Journey because health in 06. Since then I have recovered and bought this Adventure that had been setting idle for awhile. I missed being able to go camping with my grandkids .I had Marks RV in FtMyers check repair and service it .I thought because I had bought the new Journey from them they would take care of me. Their bill was $3901. they did! most of which had to be redone. I would not have mentioned this but they have gone out of business and I am glad.
I had to have the front and rear calipers and slides replaced at Parkview RV Center in Smyrna DE where I bought my 97 Adventure new, great service. The only other good service I have had was at the factory service in Forest City. There is a great Camping World in Kissimmee FL and David Straw at Lichtsinn Motors helps and sends me parts I am able to replace.
Thanks again ,Jake
Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have an appointment at Towing World in Wildwood FL.a Master Service Center for HWH.
Going to replace Control Box and 4 Solenoid Valves.

I am expecting good results,will let you know when I return the end of June.
Jake
Old 05-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Poppop,

You will get good service at Towing World. We have been there a few times for BlueOx related work. It is a small shop, but you will get very good, personalized service there.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppop View Post
I have an appointment at Towing World in Wildwood FL.a Master Service Center for HWH.
Going to replace Control Box and 4 Solenoid Valves.

I am expecting good results,will let you know when I return the end of June.
Jake
I hope you are under warranty or a service contract as mine on my '05 journey were replaced over the past winter and it became a very expensive trip to the shop! I was out of warranty and even though the unit only had slightly over 13K miles, HWH would not offer any help!

BugSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

There's a fuse located under the push pad. Remove the push pad and a fuse will be there. Most of the others are in the main control panel.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Ding-a-ling,
Your note of encouragement about Towing World in Wildwood ,FL proved to be correct. I received great service. It only required two hours to make the necessary repairs and we were back on our way to our grandsons wedding.

Thank You , and all my friends at iRV2