Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

HWH jacks won't store

i have a 2004 itasca with hwh jacks that wont come up in store position put will work with up or down buttons.
dalesally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

download a service manual. check the output from the touch pad to the control box, by having some one observe the leds in the control box while some one else operates the touch pad.
there is a diagram in the manual that shows the location of the solenoid leds in the control box that have power to them(YELLOW LED), and when they are opened ,(RED LED). all should light up when store is pushed. follow the diagnostic steps
to check the touch pad, harness and control box. its more likely to be the control box. dont just throw parts at it.
let me know if i can help. 602-549-3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh.
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalesally View Post
i have a 2004 itasca with hwh jacks that wont come up in store position put will work with up or down buttons.
hwh emailed me and diagnosed the problem, and gave me the part number of the touch pad and price ordered a new one was very quick delivery works good .thanks HWH
Old 04-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
hwh emailed me and diagnosed the problem, and gave me the part number of the touch pad and price ordered a new one was very quick delivery works good .thanks HWH
up date went to move rv today and have the same problem [ no retract in store ] but they will retract in level position. I do notice a change in buzzer when I press and hold any button. need help thanks
Old 04-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Did you try following Azpete's advice in the 2nd post? He works for HWH and is a senior tech.
Bringing her back to her glory.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKins View Post
Did you try following Azpete's advice in the 2nd post? He works for HWH and is a senior tech.
I tried to follow azpete's test but I found my system has no red or yellow wires Thanks dale
Old 04-07-2017, 11:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I tried to follow azpete's test but I found my system has no red or yellow wires Thanks dale
You're not looking for wires, you're looking for LEDs. The control box (under the RV where the pump & solenoids are) on the HWH system has a clear panel that allows visibility of the circuit board/fuses/etc. You need to operate the touch panel inside while someone looks at the control box to see what (if any) LEDs are lighting up.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

^^ what he said. Paul (azpete) is a great asset - for free.
Here is a link to the page to get operating manuals and also service manuals. http://www.hwhcorp.com/homeland4.html
Download the one that looks like yours (you need the service manual) and read it - good stuff in there. Then reach out to Paul here online if you followed the manual and didn't get results and he'll help you. He helped me a lot.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
download a service manual. check the output from the touch pad to the control box, by having some one observe the leds in the control box while some one else operates the touch pad.
there is a diagram in the manual that shows the location of the solenoid leds in the control box that have power to them(YELLOW LED), and when they are opened ,(RED LED). all should light up when store is pushed. follow the diagnostic steps
to check the touch pad, harness and control box. its more likely to be the control box. dont just throw parts at it.
let me know if i can help. 602-549-3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh.
i do not sell parts or solicit service work on this forum.
there is no lights in control box when buttons are pushed now the store or level buttons only flash when pressed won't stay on
Old 04-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

using the service manual as a reference, look first for the link lights. there is one on both touch pad and control box. both must be flashing when the system is activated. check the output from the touch pad to the control box at the back of the touch pad.. then check the corresponding connector going into the box. unplug it, and check the correct pin for a 12 v signal. each pin has a designated position in the plug, and each wire has a printed number on it. if you have a signal from the touch pad, at the plug in connector, and nothing inside the control box as far as lit leds. send your box in to be repaired.. its a good idea to send both touch pad and control box together, even though the touch pad is new. some symptoms are the same on both pieces.
its hard doing a diagnosis over the phone, the only way is to do the step by step diagnosis yourself. if it works in manual mode, there is only the electronics part left.
that is the harness, touch pad, and the control box.
since your new touch pad worked when you first installed it, that leaves the control box. if it was the harness, it wouldnt work in manual. thats why i recommend repairing the control box.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I have a coach with the what i believe is the 625 HWH system. I do not have any issues other than lack of knowledge on my part, but there is one thing that I am curious about. My control pad has cracks around the buttons, does not seem to affect the system, but was wondering if I should replace. Hope I'm not out of line posting this here.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Here is a link to manuals and videos about the 625 system These pages are in Adobe PDF format

Paul can advise you on the touchpad.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #13
RKL
Winnebago Owner

On the 625 ststem on my. 2002 journey, if the store button doesn't raise all the jacks, can you raise the stuck jacks by hitting the "up" or "down" buttons instead of the store button? Thks Rkl
Old 04-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

I had a few cracks on ours also. I did go ahead and purchase a new one as I did not want an issue while out. Ended up swapping them out and put the old one in storage as a spare.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

you can buy just the lexan cover for your touch pad. get the AP number off the back of the touch pad . it will be written in ink. call or email hwh at [email protected]. they can supply the part. you can also order it from stuarts in indiana.
you can not always retract the jacks by using the touch pad up or down buttons. it depends on what is causing the jack to not respond to the signal. if the solenoid has failed, it will not open, even with a 12 volt signal. if the shuttle valve is stuck, it depends on what position its stuck in.
better to diagnose the problem with the service manual and go from there.
i am always available for help doing that.
1=602=549=3638 paul maddox
i do work for hwh. i do not sell parts, or solicit service work on this forum.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:11 AM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

So glad to have AZPETE on this forum. I have one jack that did intermittently store properly but now will not store. I have replaced the springs and it helped for awhile.Now I have to force the jack up half way and then it will store. Should I order stronger springs? I have cleaned and oiled the shaft.
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:25 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

jacks wont store

I sent the control box in to HWH they repaired it. I dont know what they did or replaced but the jacks store and level normal. I haven't tried the slides but they worked O.K. before I am a happy camper.

Tags
jacks, hwh