Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

As I've read through the different posts, I've seen a lot of posts about HWH products. I am interested in the levelers specifically.

It seems that there are a lot of leaks and jack failures. In HWH's defense, they always seem to take care of the problem very quickly and most that post have been happy with the service, in spite of the failure.

I am not bashing HWH at all, I have no experience with them, but it seems that there are fewer posts about other companies that make levelers for coaches. I can attribute this to one of two things, either HWH is MUCH more widely utilized in the industry OR that they "other" companies are more reliable.

In the spring, I plan to have a set of levelers installed in my MH and I am in the process of deciding which manufacturer to go with.

My criteria are as follows;
Must fit my coach! (hehe)
Must be reliable
Must be serviceable when reliability fails
Must have good customer service
Price.

Its my opinion that Poor customer service is OK, if I never have to take advantage of it. If I do have to take advantage of it, I want them to treat me like a king! I'd take reliability over customer service ANY day.

You guys have a lot more experience than I do with these things, this is my first MH (and why I ended up without levelers). So I'd like to hear your opinions about the different companies products and how they would meet with my criteria above.

P32 Workhorse chassis
RocketDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

As I've read through the different posts, I've seen a lot of posts about HWH products. I am interested in the levelers specifically.

It seems that there are a lot of leaks and jack failures. In HWH's defense, they always seem to take care of the problem very quickly and most that post have been happy with the service, in spite of the failure.

I am not bashing HWH at all, I have no experience with them, but it seems that there are fewer posts about other companies that make levelers for coaches. I can attribute this to one of two things, either HWH is MUCH more widely utilized in the industry OR that they "other" companies are more reliable.

In the spring, I plan to have a set of levelers installed in my MH and I am in the process of deciding which manufacturer to go with.

My criteria are as follows;
Must fit my coach! (hehe)
Must be reliable
Must be serviceable when reliability fails
Must have good customer service
Price.

Its my opinion that Poor customer service is OK, if I never have to take advantage of it. If I do have to take advantage of it, I want them to treat me like a king! I'd take reliability over customer service ANY day.

You guys have a lot more experience than I do with these things, this is my first MH (and why I ended up without levelers). So I'd like to hear your opinions about the different companies products and how they would meet with my criteria above.

P32 Workhorse chassis
RocketDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Rocket if you click on LINK you may find some interest reading on HWH jacks and controls.

HWH PRICES
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I have HWH installed in our coach and love them. They have proven quite reliable for us. I believe that HWH has a larger share of the market than the other companies, hence more written about them. They do have a reputation for wonderful customer support. I haven't had any 1st hand experience with the other brands so can't speak to them.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Third Moho and all three have had HWH Leveling/room extenders. Had HWH levelers installed by camping world on one of the coaches (similar to your situation).

IMHO HWH makes a very good and reliable product. Are they perfect? Of course not, but if one considers the number of cycles that these units go through I think that the reliability factor has got to be in the high 90's percientile. From experience, if you ever have a problem with their product just give them a call. Their customer service and technical support people are top notch and will do what is required to get you going again.

Can't say yea or ney on their competitors because I have only had HWH products. If I were in the market for a hydraulic leveling system I would only consider HWH. Sounds like a testimonial, maybe I should be gerring paid for this..

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have never owned anything other than HWH. Last 2 coaches have had HWH slides and jacks. Their customer service has always been superb. No major problems but I did have a couple of hose end leaks that were repaired. I am so sold on HWH that I will never purchase another coach unless it is equipped with HWH.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Petro:
I have never owned anything other than HWH. Last 2 coaches have had HWH slides and jacks. Their customer service has always been superb. No major problems but I did have a couple of hose end leaks that were repaired. I am so sold on HWH that I will never purchase another coach unless it is equipped with HWH.
Don </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agree. Had a hose leak out of warranty..they sent me a free one...no problem. Tech support very detailed in talking me through DIY repair.
HWH...dem's good people with great products.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kazoo Tom:
I have HWH installed in our coach and love them. They have proven quite reliable for us. I believe that HWH has a larger share of the market than the other companies, hence more written about them. They do have a reputation for wonderful customer support. I haven't had any 1st hand experience with the other brands so can't speak to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Concur

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote