Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fairly new to our 2000 Adventurer 37. Still working out the kinks. Believe we have the HWH manual leveling jacks. The book gives very unclear instructions for use. Does anybody know of a place where I can get fairly clear instructions for leveling? Have read nearly all of the posts here, and the HWH website. Still looking. Thanks for any help.

(We have an up & down arrow for top, bottom, left, and right. Red lights, and yellow lights.)
Old 10-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Fairly new to our 2000 Adventurer 37. Still working out the kinks. Believe we have the HWH manual leveling jacks. The book gives very unclear instructions for use. Does anybody know of a place where I can get fairly clear instructions for leveling? Have read nearly all of the posts here, and the HWH website. Still looking. Thanks for any help.

(We have an up & down arrow for top, bottom, left, and right. Red lights, and yellow lights.)
Old 10-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

glarnold;

Don't hesitate to call HWH at 1-800-321-3494. They are extremely customer orientated. If you don't get a tech leave a message and they will call you back.

I have a manual system on my coach and I am not sure the controls are the same but I will give you some basics.

HWH wants to lower the jacks in pairs to prevent twisting the frame. I first raise the side that is lowest and then lower the jacks on the other side to make sure all jacks are down firmly to the ground. I than raise front or back to bring the level to center.

Never raise the rear wheels off the ground as your emergency brake is useless if you do. I always prefer to park my coach with the front lower than the rear. I sometimes use extra blocks under the front jacks if the front needs the extra range. Others may say they do their leveling different and I have been given different instructions on occasions. Call HWH and get your instructions from the experts.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info. I think I finally found the answer to my questions, a 29 page pdf in an earlier post. Will take some time and some experimentation to really understand it.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

At Gran National Rally in 2000 ata seminar the HWH representative suggested the folowing simple procedure.

Lower the rear jacks to the ground until both are just solidly down. Lower the front jacks to the ground thenlevel as indicated by the lights. When lights are out on the panel you should be level. Warning - you are not level until your better half says you are level!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

A couple of years ago I asked the HWH rep at the Quartzsite RV show. He told me to follow the yellow lite. But this does not work well for me, because for some reason, leveling front or back after I've leveled side to side will thru off the side to side. Then I end up in an endless loop until I run out of jack extension.

I always try to park slightly nose down. I then bring front up to level, put the back jacks down till they just touch then raise the low side.

Works for me (and for Mama).

I finally bought some lumber to help with some of the hairier situations we encountered this summer. But normally we try not to park where the level is real bad.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:57 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you to all for your helpful suggestions.