Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2019, 08:50 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HWH Touch Panel Dead

In the process of lowering my jacks the touch panel died. It acted like the main fuse blew. Where is the main fuse for the HWH system on my 2005 Itasca Horizon?
HWH said the fuses are in the control box and Winnebago said the same thing. I removed the control box which does have about 10 fuses in it and F10 (10amp) fuse was blown but checking the HWH literature, that fuse would not shut the system down and replacing it did not restore the system.
Ralph A is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2019, 08:57 PM   #2

My HWH system has a 40 amp inline fuse , within a foot of the motor solenoid , on the fluid distribution manifold that feeds battery power to the control box, then there's a fused wire from the accessory side of the ignition .

Do you have power to the control box , at any fuse?
Old 06-14-2019, 07:17 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I can't tell if I have power to the control board fuses because I had to remove the HWH control box to get at the fuses. I did check for power to the solenoid and found none.
My HWH unit is under my entrance steps but I can only see about half the unit and could not find any fuse. It looks like I will need to make an appointment with a local service facility.
In order to move the rig I will need to retract the jacks by turning the T handles. My concern is with the HWH system inoperative will the air bags inflate so I can safely drive the rig for service?
Old 06-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just in case you don't know, the top 2 steps hinge up for access to the HWH unit (undo the nut under the center if the lip on each step). The clear plastic covered control box is forward of the hydraulic unit and best accessed on your back under the right front of the coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:40 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, when you put the coach in gear the airbags should inflate, independent of the HWH unit.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:14 PM   #6

What model of HWH system do you have ? 625?
Old 06-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Just in case you don't know, the top 2 steps hinge up for access to the HWH unit (undo the nut under the center if the lip on each step). The clear plastic covered control box is forward of the hydraulic unit and best accessed on your back under the right front of the coach.
I have had this rig for 14 yrs and didn't know the top step also lifted. Thanks for the info it makes working on the HWH unit so much easier.
Old 06-15-2019, 11:57 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
What model of HWH system do you have ? 625?
I have the 625 model.
I just found out that I gave you bad info earlier. When I tested for power to the solenoid I had a bad ground so it indicated no power. I retested at the solenoid connection and I do have 12 volts. Also, with the key in the accessory position the LED in position 38 of the control board is on red. It is the only light illuminated in the control box.
Old 06-18-2019, 08:07 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, when you put the coach in gear the airbags should inflate, independent of the HWH unit.
I decided to take the RV to a service facility and I can assure you that the airbags did NOT inflate. It was 20 miles of bouncing & banging at a top speed of 20 mph
Old 06-18-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Freightliner will not re inflate air bags unless the dump valve has power supplied to it to close. That signal runs thru the hwh control box. Best idea is to get a service manual for your system. Do the diagnosis. Most likely a bad connection or control box.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:01 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Looks like I'm wrong on this--sorry!

Old 06-18-2019, 04:49 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
Freightliner will not re inflate air bags unless the dump valve has power supplied to it to close. That signal runs thru the hwh control box. Best idea is to get a service manual for your system. Do the diagnosis. Most likely a bad connection or control box.
This is turning into a monster. As mentioned earlier, I decided to have the coach serviced professionally so I drove it 20 miles to the service facility without the air bags inflated. I originally found the F-10 fuse blown in the control panel. The tech said he found a “corroded” white wire. He also blew three F-10 fuses before he found the defective wire. At that point everything was back to normal so I drove it back to our parking spot with no issues. I dumped the airbags and lowered the driver’s side jacks, as soon as they touched the ground the touch-pad once again quit working. I’m now in the same situation I was in originally.
I’m following the HWH service manual which states under my conditions if there is no short in the touch-pad harness (there is no short) and F-10 is blown, replace the control panel. I called HWH technical service and was told they are currently answering calls from May 16th so it may be thirty days before they can help. I called the parts department to see if they still offer the repair of my control panel. The parts people at HWH said it will be several days before they can return my call.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:07 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
When my control box fried itself 4 years ago, I got the same answer from HWH but I was 4 wks out to get a return phone call. AZPETE was invaluable in telling me how to get thru to them. He told me when I call and someone answers, just immediately say I need an RTA number to return the box for a rebuild. I got the RTA #. so I boxed up the control box, sent it to them and they rebuilt it for a fairly quick turnaround of about 2 weeks.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ralph A,

CALL Paul Maddox at 1-602-549-3638. He works for HWH and has already posted earlier. Leave Him a message and he will get back to you with assistance he may e able to offer.
It's free and he's pretty quick in responding.

Best wishes - Rihcard

Tags
hwh, panel