Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

I use the Watts adjustable regulator -- have for the past 6 years with no problems --- and I keep it set at 45 PSI. We have all the pressure we need in the MH and I don't worry about blowing a line.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

We pulled into a cg late one evening, they had a sprinkler laying next to the tap. Being a lazy bugger (and tired), I hooked up their hose rather than dragging ours out. Next morning, the care taker got her knickers in a twist, seems the line pressure was 125 psi. Making noises about bursting her hose. I bought a regulator.
RoyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

My Watts adjustable regulator is in the wet bay. You might think I don't use one if you just walked by the MH. Mine is set at 60 pounds.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ole View Post
Get a ten buck regulator and you will severely limit your water flow as they just don't have the capacity you need for washing dishes or taking a shower, but they will protect your system and are useable. I went with the adjustable Valterra version from CW as it is a higher capacity model and has a built in gauge, And it is more than ten bucks, more like sixty.

I use this one as well. Been there for lil over 2 years and still working fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

On a trip through the Canadian Rockies I hooked up my water in an RV park. I had my pressure regulator connected behind my water filter. I was told to connect my pressure regulator to the back side of my filter to use the higher pressure to push the water through the filters.

I was using a braded fire hose like hose to connect to the water. When I turned on the water my hose started leaking with small pin hole leaks. I had to change to a rubber hose.

Later, a friend who was traveling with us, asked me about water pressure. He turned on the water prior to hooking up his water and he said it shot almost across the road.
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #26
Winnie-Wise

I forgot to mention in my previous post that all my water hoses are rated at 200 PSI and that is why I keep my Watts regulator in the wet bay. I bought the hoses from RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
I forgot to mention in my previous post that all my water hoses are rated at 200 PSI and that is why I keep my Watts regulator in the wet bay. I bought the hoses from RV Water Filter Store: Standard Filter Canisters for Whole RV
Mine too and from the same place.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2316903372.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	46679

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water