Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2017, 08:14 PM   #127

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are electric heated rugs also. I may eventually try that.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #128

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Check the arm above the tray and make sure its down, if it is stuck in the up position you wont get ice.
Jwgirardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #129

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwgirardi View Post
Check the arm above the tray and make sure its down, if it is stuck in the up position you wont get ice.
I reached into the ice maker and found one cube that had not cleared.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:46 AM   #130

On the ice maker. No ice stuck since no ice made. :-) I think I checked the arm and made sure it's down because that happens in the home frig too. We'll be out in the coach this weekend so I will check it but last time we were out for almost two weeks and no ice but every once in a while. I just used a tray and made it myself. Will have it in for service next week. Ordered the dash board cover but we haven't received it yet but I will report on it when we do. Still have issue with the firefly that controls the televator. It was replaced but I think the wires are loose because it will go out occasionally and I have to remove the plate and jiggle the wires a bit and it will come back on. My fear is that it will happen, again, while the TV is up and there doesn't seem to be any back up for lowering the TV. Only the one switch so what do you do then? This is why I've become proficient with the wire jiggling thing. :-) Have been wondering too what happens if the bed won't work on retraction? What's the back up for that? It's been fine so far but things break and I want to know what to do. The manual isn't always so helpful.
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
On the ice maker. No ice stuck since no ice made. :-) I think I checked the arm and made sure it's down because that happens in the home frig too. We'll be out in the coach this weekend so I will check it but last time we were out for almost two weeks and no ice but every once in a while. I just used a tray and made it myself. Will have it in for service next week. Ordered the dash board cover but we haven't received it yet but I will report on it when we do. Still have issue with the firefly that controls the televator. It was replaced but I think the wires are loose because it will go out occasionally and I have to remove the plate and jiggle the wires a bit and it will come back on. My fear is that it will happen, again, while the TV is up and there doesn't seem to be any back up for lowering the TV. Only the one switch so what do you do then? This is why I've become proficient with the wire jiggling thing. :-) Have been wondering too what happens if the bed won't work on retraction? What's the back up for that? It's been fine so far but things break and I want to know what to do. The manual isn't always so helpful.
I had the same issue with my icemaker, ended up Maytag replaced the entire icemaker and wire harness. Works better than ever now. Btw you can call Maytag service line directly and have a tech come out to you for service. That was the way I had mine fixed. They will ask if it is in an RV I figure based on the S/N you give them, but they find a certified tech in your area to come to you.

The bed was also an issue for me. Went to raise it one morning during our travels and it would not move, as you know, no move, no slide in... After lifting the not so light bed, I found the master relay was flashing red, I pushed the reset button and the bed would move about 2 inches, kept resetting it until it was raised. Ended up having the dealer replace the lift motor.

The TV is always a concern for me as well. I have had no problems yet... but as we know.. it's not if..but when..
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 01:50 PM   #132

Winnebago Owners Club
I also relocated the master relay switch to the outside of the bed frame underneath the bed skirting, a much easier access now if it ever happens again.
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:41 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcretired View Post
I also relocated the master relay switch to the outside of the bed frame underneath the bed skirting, a much easier access now if it ever happens again.

Sometimes I wish there was just a "like" button like on Facebook. . Great idea...uhhhh...one more thing to add to the to-do list...grrrrrr. Lol
Retired_Helo_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:06 PM   #134

Nice to hear the ice maker was fixed akcretired. We chatted about this before and if the dealer tech can't fix it then I will call Maytag next. Good to know about the relay switch for the bed. We haven't had any trouble so far but now I'll know where to start. It boggles my mind that there wouldn't be a back up for the televator or at least another switch somewhere. Anyone talking to Winnebago that could ask about it?
Tev
Old 05-13-2017, 06:29 PM   #135

We had water freezing problems with our ice maker but found out the installation was letting the
Water line freeze before the fitting!

There is a good Winnebago Diesel Pusher Class A Owners Group on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/groups/228615810948729
MountainMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #136

MountainMH-we had that issue in our house ice maker many years ago until they found out a way to fix it. We had some ice made a few times this weekend while out. I noticed if I flipped the switch off moved the lever and turned it back on ice would be made. the coach is going in this week for a couple of leftover items so I'll have them look at it. Of course it'll work fine while they have it!
On to another subject. I hate that the light switch for the bedroom is so inconveniently located. Has anyone found an attractive option to this issue? My husband wants to stick one of those ugly lights up somewhere.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #137

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jenny and I have had the same frustration with the light. I am assuming that one could add an extra switch a plate.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #138

I guess so Bill but I'd be afraid having someone mess around with the light switches would mess something else up. I still hope someone has a clever decorating idea for this problem area.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:34 PM   #139

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I was assuming you meant having a switch as you enter the bedroom not on the far side of the bed. I was referring to adding another plate which wouldn't be that difficult - but then again I work in electronics. Not sure I understood the decorating part.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #140

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh I see you meant adding a template or something.

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago