RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2017, 07:12 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
Surround sound: Can someone confirm that the HD has surround sound? Is it from the LG sound bar under the TV and where are the speakers? I believe it says so in the brochure but I took my unit in for service and the Winnebago dealer technician told me there is none. He therefore did not get it working.
There is surround sound, but no sound bar inside. Rather it runs through the blurry receiver in the entertainment cabinet and through 6 or 8 speakers mounted in the ceiling. Works well. Outside TV has a sound bar and a wired sub woofer to accomplish that surround sound. Blue ray player needs to be the source of vid/ audio in order for the surround sound to work.

AudreyMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2017, 02:42 PM   #156

Does anyone have a better latch for the French door refrigerators in our Tours/Ellipse coaches? I noticed on another forum there was something being ordered and used for Whirlpool models in Forzas (I think). Specifically the latch for the freezer section.
Also, the latch in the top drawer on our wardrobe snapped so I need to get another one. Where would I find the number for ordering? Think I'll order a few cause I'm sure it will happen on other drawers.
thanks,
TB

Old 07-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #157

Gosh things sure are quiet on this forum. Guess everyone is out on the road and enjoying their coaches?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #158

Winnebago Owners Club
Nope - trying to figure out the wiring to add a LED light string under the kitchen awning and under the kitchen slide. Getting close but there is 36 pages of wiring identification codes!
Old 07-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #159

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yeah we are out enjoying ours! Lol

But to your question I intend to use a door slide lock on our fridge. Maybe this-

https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Do.../dp/B00BFYIWIC
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #160

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyMS View Post
There is surround sound, but no sound bar inside. Rather it runs through the blurry receiver in the entertainment cabinet and through 6 or 8 speakers mounted in the ceiling. Works well. Outside TV has a sound bar and a wired sub woofer to accomplish that surround sound. Blue ray player needs to be the source of vid/ audio in order for the surround sound to work.
I'm wondering if there are different setups for different years. I have a sound bar inside AND I have a sound bar outside. Outside has a Bluetooth subwoofer. There is a woofer by the driver seat and I can't tell what it's connected to. The four ceiling speakers appear to run off the dash radio.

So it's still a puzzle.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
Old 07-22-2017, 07:32 AM   #161

That looks like something for the doors in the frig. Haven't had a problem with them opening during travel, knock on wood, but that will be something for me to look into if it does become an issue. I'm looking for something to replace the small latch that swings down over the bottom freezer drawer. It has stripped and won't stay up anymore. It works for keeping the door closed but it's a problem when trying to open the drawer. I did order the wardrobe drawer latches from Winnebago and they were a better price than CW. Nice gal in the Winnie parts dept. Patient and very helpful. I forgot to ask her about the freezer drawer latch. :-(
Hope you're some place fun! We're heading to Pensacola Beach in a week!
Old 07-24-2017, 10:58 AM   #162

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Ret_Helo_Pilot

I like your checklist - stuff like this sure helps when things get busy - or I get tired! Some possible adds (please use, add, subtract, edit as you see best) ... I'm sure others will have more to contribute:

- Lube generator slide pistons monthly (CRC w/Teflon or WD-40 w/Teflon**)

- Lube slides' motor gears monthly (in frequent use) (**)

- Clean and lube slide seals every 6 months (303 Protectant)

- Clean and lube jacks every 6 months (more often if dirty or frequent use) (**)

- Pull air tank lanyards every month

- Open emergency window / clean and lube window seals every 6 months (**)

- Lube stair cover mechanism every 6 months (**)

- Clean and lube basement storage tray rails and rollers every 6 months (**)

- Clean and treat tires monthly (303 protectant)

- Clean and treat electrical cord and water hose every 6 months (more often if dirty or frequent use) (**)

- Treat sink/shower drains with Drano (or similar) every 6 months or as needed

- Change whole house water filter every 6 months

A note from the GNR is that tire manufacturers there say to not apply anything to "truck" tires.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:54 PM   #163

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I found the slide bolt works well for the fridge.

Has anyone had trouble with cabinet doors catching when slides are extended? It's something to be wary of....I can cover which ones if there's an interest.

I did discover that you can send "too much energy from you Iphone" when using blue tooth for the dash radio. Turning down the bluetooth gain in the radio settings fixes this. A setting of about -5 seems to work.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #164

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Someone asked about inverters needing switched on. Read this:

Possible answer: Inverters that won't stay "on"
Old 09-21-2017, 12:11 AM   #165

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another update on improvements....I added as spray hose/nozzle to the 1/2 bath. I found it didn't work very well for me with the "single action" pedal. It was too hard to let water in and not go ahead an open the flush ball valve.

Now with the hose, which teed into the water line in the back, I can rinse with water THEN hit the foot valve. Simple fix.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:41 AM   #166

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like someone said earlier, things have gone quiet. I've posted several things above and kept some ideas flowing. Anyone else make any 42H improvements or found out some good info?

Has anyone slowed down from the summer yet and parked their rig for a wile?
We plan to head south in late December so I think I will not winterize before then. Just like last year. That took a week or two of running the furnace but it worked. When we returned in February it was freezing weather but I still went ahead and kept heat on and we camped again in March. That was practical experience with my MH...it seemed to be pretty good even without heat down to 26 deg F.

What are plans from others?
Old 11-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #167

We just used the heater and found out that when it gets below 34 degrees the electric only option doesn't work so switched to the burner. Yikes what a horrible smell of diesel fuel throughout the coach. Even in the refrigerator. Is this normal? Couldn't stand it so we turned it off and threw more blankets on the bed along with both dogs and stayed toasty. UNTIL we got out of the bed and it was 48 degrees inside! I'm sure we screwed something up but just couldn't take the fumes.
One thing to think about is when bringing in the slides make sure to check to see if there is any ice on the slide covers. We had a good amount of rain and then the cold temps. All other slides were fine but the one on the front drivers side was crunching and wouldn't retract properly. After calling the dealership and tech and was told to check for obstructions we found the ice. As usual we learn by mistakes.
I found a handy light to use in the wardrobe. I have the shelf up just below where clothes hang so it makes it kinda dark in the shoe area. This light has a switch and attaches with Velcro, screws or magnets so I stuck it underneath the shelf and voila I have light to see all my shoes. Yay! Got it at Batteries Plus but I'm sure Home Depot or Lowes has it too.
Has anyone found a nice way to store wine in any of the cabinets? Someone mentioned converting a cabinet to a wine rack but never saw anything more about it. Ideas please.
Anyone planning on doing any of the tours next year? If so, which ones? And how about any rallies?
I liked your idea about the half bath flushing system Bill but my hubby says he's fine with how it works now. I think he just doesn't want to do anything with it. :-)
Is everyone happy now with their Ellipse/Tour 42HD coaches? I hate to jinx it but we've been going along pretty well. Fingers crossed it continues.
I have more to talk and ask about but thought this was enough for now. As always, thanks for the input.
Tev
Old 11-04-2017, 05:31 PM   #168

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
We just used the heater and found out that when it gets below 34 degrees the electric only option doesn't work so switched to the burner. Yikes what a horrible smell of diesel fuel throughout the coach. Even in the refrigerator. Is this normal? Couldn't stand it so we turned it off and threw more blankets on the bed along with both dogs and stayed toasty. UNTIL we got out of the bed and it was 48 degrees inside! I'm sure we screwed something up but just couldn't take the fumes.
One thing to think about is when bringing in the slides make sure to check to see if there is any ice on the slide covers. We had a good amount of rain and then the cold temps. All other slides were fine but the one on the front drivers side was crunching and wouldn't retract properly. After calling the dealership and tech and was told to check for obstructions we found the ice. As usual we learn by mistakes.
I found a handy light to use in the wardrobe. I have the shelf up just below where clothes hang so it makes it kinda dark in the shoe area. This light has a switch and attaches with Velcro, screws or magnets so I stuck it underneath the shelf and voila I have light to see all my shoes. Yay! Got it at Batteries Plus but I'm sure Home Depot or Lowes has it too.
Has anyone found a nice way to store wine in any of the cabinets? Someone mentioned converting a cabinet to a wine rack but never saw anything more about it. Ideas please.
Anyone planning on doing any of the tours next year? If so, which ones? And how about any rallies?
I liked your idea about the half bath flushing system Bill but my hubby says he's fine with how it works now. I think he just doesn't want to do anything with it. :-)
Is everyone happy now with their Ellipse/Tour 42HD coaches? I hate to jinx it but we've been going along pretty well. Fingers crossed it continues.
I have more to talk and ask about but thought this was enough for now. As always, thanks for the input.
Tev

Canít help on the rest but if you were getting lots of diesel fumes , perhaps some smoking at the exhaust? Then it needs annual service. If you stick your nose at the exhaust pipe youíll smell some diesel but not inside the coach. Running it frequently and servicing the system annually can make that go away.

BillJinOR is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago