RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #169
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That is NOT normal Tev! Make sure you don't have a window cracked open anywhere, especially the master bath. The fumes should not be getting into the coach at all. Check the exhaust pipe and see if any exhaust is coming out. The pipe should be warm too, it's a hot exhaust. If no smoke at end of pipe, could be a mouse nest in pipe or some kind of blockage.

Let us know what's happening, and be careful, those fumes will KILL you till yer dead in short order.

Regards,
W.D.

Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2017, 08:23 AM   #170

Thanks. I knew it wasn't normal so that's why I shut it down. Fortunately we won't be anywhere to use heat before servicing. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been serviced yet so that's definitely on the list.
We use the AC much more often than the heat so really aren't experienced with it. Any tips?
Tev

Old 11-06-2017, 01:03 AM   #171

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The advice to check for obstructions and getting it serviced seem like good advice. Is that your question?

On your other comments we love our coach and are fixing up a few things though. Will get work done in January at LD. Is anyone here in TN - we see several down here at the Nashville KOA today.

Bill
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #172

Trim Sealant issue/question

All,
Has anyone else had issues with the sealant cracking around the trim on the slides? See my attached pic. My2016 Grand Tour motorhome is still under warranty but it looks like they may have painted "on top" of the sealant used. Any advice or similar issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic-8b.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	182708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic -8.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	182709  

tdjackson56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #173

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdjackson56 View Post
All,
Has anyone else had issues with the sealant cracking around the trim on the slides? See my attached pic. My2016 Grand Tour motorhome is still under warranty but it looks like they may have painted "on top" of the sealant used. Any advice or similar issues?
I had the same issue with my 2014 Journey. I complained at Lazy Days and they removed and replaced the caulking under warranty. I am disappointed I did, they did a poor job and the new caulking was hard, yellowed and pulled away after another year. Lazy Days gave me a price to fix it again, I declined.
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #174

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours is good on a 2015 Tour. I would take it back to the factory if you are anywhere close. If you contact Service and register the issue you may be able to bring it in later. They did that for us on some warranty work (we did it through the dealer).
Old 11-20-2017, 07:40 PM   #175

2016 Grand Tour w/ Firefly electrical distribution- door LEDs are dim/partually lit

All,
My LEDs above the door and the lighted interior step lights are really dim, flicker, and LED very minimally light up with I use the switches on the lights control panel (both panels - the one by the door and the one by the passenger seat - as the switches in those panels both control the same set of lights.
What is strange is that when I use the keypad to unlock and enter the coach all the lights are bright and work correctly.
I'm assuming a loose connection somewhere- any ideas or where to look ?? on the G6 Firefly boards or elsewhere??
Thanks.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #176

Additionally info.. it just started happening out of the blue on out current RV excursion.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:19 PM   #177

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdjackson56 View Post
All,
My LEDs above the door and the lighted interior step lights are really dim, flicker, and LED very minimally light up with I use the switches on the lights control panel (both panels - the one by the door and the one by the passenger seat - as the switches in those panels both control the same set of lights.
What is strange is that when I use the keypad to unlock and enter the coach all the lights are bright and work correctly.
I'm assuming a loose connection somewhere- any ideas or where to look ?? on the G6 Firefly boards or elsewhere??
Thanks.
Check your connections in your firefly circuit boards. They are located under the bed. Bottom left side you will see the control panel behind a fake drop door. I had a bad connection in the circuit board that was giving me about your same situation...

Good luck
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #178

Having the same exact issues with our 2016 Grand Tour. Motor 2 (Front) in rear drivers side slide failed. Took a while to troubleshoot and get the slide in. Now need to order a $500 motor.
Also had the OTD LEDs go out and discovered frayed wires going to the awning.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #179

Winnebago Owners Club
My relay box for my retractable bed is flashing red/green and the wall switches will not operate. If I push the reset button on the bed relay it will move a few inches and start flashing again. It takes about a dozen times to get the bed stowed to bring in the sides.

Any idea what the problem may be?
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:01 AM   #180

Bed Relay Flashing response

It needs to be reset.
There is a procedure from Schwintek on how to do it on line . It you can't find it send me an email to tdjackson56@att.net and I'll find my ecopy stored on my computer.
Be careful as right now your auto stops are not set and you could grind up your tracks and gears when you get to the raise and lower end points .
Speaking from experience.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:46 AM   #181

Did you get the tilt bed controller reset ? Let me know as I have the documents / instructions needed.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #182

One of our headlights went out and we're on the road (of course!). Should we 1)get it replaced by Camping World 2)go to another RV dealer 3)call one of the roadside assistance programs we have or 4) wait till we get back home and have our dealer take care of it? We NEVER drive at night so it isn't an emergency. I'm thinking it won't be something easy for us to replace or is it??
Tev

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago