RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Bill, is it correct to figure you always use the on board fresh water tank, even when you have city water hook up avail? If that's the case then after filling the tank thru city water,(after DW's done with breakfast) just turn the valve back to city position and then turn off the city water and run on the tank as usual then you'll have no pressure issues. What are you using on the city water for a pressure regulator, is it one of the simple brass in line $14.95 pressure regulators? If so there is where your water pressure/volume loss is occurring. I had one, and then switch to a Watts 263A from rvwaterfilterstore.com and water pressure/volume greatly increased. Also with the cheap in line reducer when we were at a place with 100psi water it did not work!! My hot water tank relief valve dribbled all the time there, and the hose was way swollen looking like it might burst. As to the water softener most put it inline between the water hook up at the port and the city water coach hook up. Some are lucky enough to have a large enough water bay to mount it there. If your bay is the same as mine ( I believe it's close) you'll need to have it setting on the ground next to the water bay doors.

D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Bill, is it correct to figure you always use the on board fresh water tank, even when you have city water hook up avail? If that's the case then after filling the tank thru city water,(after DW's done with breakfast) just turn the valve back to city position and then turn off the city water and run on the tank as usual then you'll have no pressure issues. What are you using on the city water for a pressure regulator, is it one of the simple brass in line $14.95 pressure regulators? If so there is where your water pressure/volume loss is occurring. I had one, and then switch to a Watts 263A from rvwaterfilterstore.com and water pressure/volume greatly increased. Also with the cheap in line reducer when we were at a place with 100psi water it did not work!! My hot water tank relief valve dribbled all the time there, and the hose was way swollen looking like it might burst. As to the water softener most put it inline between the water hook up at the port and the city water coach hook up. Some are lucky enough to have a large enough water bay to mount it there. If your bay is the same as mine ( I believe it's close) you'll need to have it setting on the ground next to the water bay doors.

Ok good input. There is one thing I'd like someone to try - see if it's same as mine:

When hooked up to city water AND fill valve is in "fill" position check the water at a faucet. Mine only dribbles.

Now before changing anything turn on water pump. Mine won't stop running as long as valve is filling.

I had my softener in a bay in the Bounder. I hope to still find a way I can do that in wet bay but if not then hopefully in Aquahot bay.

Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
Ok good input. There is one thing I'd like someone to try - see if it's same as mine:

When hooked up to city water AND fill valve is in "fill" position check the water at a faucet. Mine only dribbles.

Now before changing anything turn on water pump. Mine won't stop running as long as valve is filling.

I had my softener in a bay in the Bounder. I hope to still find a way I can do that in wet bay but if not then hopefully in Aquahot bay.
Mine does the same
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Well....I have was going to say "most" but actually ALL RV's I have seen have a gravity fill for fresh water. I've only had this unit 2 weeks but do not see a gravity fill that is convenient. There are various reasons, not the least of which is that it's how I would add bleach water for sanitizing.

I can say more on this but ...
Sorry but 42 QD here....no gravity H2O fill. I flip a valve to "Tank Fill" and when full it flow out the overflow onto the ground. To sanitize, chlorine, etc, I unscrew the water filter, add what ever amount of sanitizer I want, screw it back in and it's flushes thru the system.
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Re: sanitizing: I split the chlorox into roughly three portions. One into the tank gravity fill, one into the whole-house filter canister (with all filters removed), and the smallest one into the end of the city connection hose (to clean the hose and connections up to the whole house filter).
Old 02-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks folks. Not sure I have it all figured out but half the fun is learning!

So in the way of other topics I wonder if anyone has found a good use for the shelves next to the fireplace? One set is covered by a sliding door and the other is open. We tried books in both but the open one gets books caught in the slide.

While on the slide thoughts, does anyone know if the HD has the Winnebago slide issues? When at the selling dealer I was told I needed to come back for a slide repair but not urgent.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
Old 02-16-2017, 10:02 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks folks. Not sure I have it all figured out but half the fun is learning!

So in the way of other topics I wonder if anyone has found a good use for the shelves next to the fireplace? One set is covered by a sliding door and the other is open. We tried books in both but the open one gets books caught in the slide.

While on the slide thoughts, does anyone know if the HD has the Winnebago slide issues? When at the selling dealer I was told I needed to come back for a slide repair but not urgent.
We have the 2015 Tour 42HD and love it. As for the shelves, we use it for our spices and the open ones below we have filled with lots of pictures of family.

We just recently had a major issue with our front passenger slide. The OTD awning wires had shorted causing the slide wires to short. 3 days in the shop to troubleshoot and find that cause and then to rewire. My back drivers side slide is acting up and has scraped some of the paint off during operation. It appears to hang up on the left side when ret/ext. Going in next week to get that fixed.

Safe travels
Old 02-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Update on my post re: T-valve: still in design: plan is to add an in-line t-valve to the main water line exiting the pump.

A poster on another thread recommended the following - I tried it, it works - no need for T-valve, etc.

To fill the fresh water tank from a container of water if not hooked to city water:

- Turn winterizing valve on; place antifreeze syphon hose into container of water
- Turn tank fill valve from 'normal' to 'tank fill'
- Turn on pump

Kudos to the OP (whose name I couldn't find again) ...
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #23

I use the closed cabinet for my plates and bowls. They're Corelle and kind of thin. I put some bubble wrap between the plates and they are quite secure.
Ha ha ha glad I'm not the only one who destroyed some books in the open cabinet with the slide! I put the remotes in the area closest to the aisle and a few knick knacks in the other areas.
How about that cabinet on the island next to the drawers? Any good use for that?
Tev
Old 02-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
While not a 42HD as to dish and glass containment in the cupboard over the table we use the wire (I call them potato bins) ones from Wal-Mart and they fit up there nicely and contain the plates, glasses, cups, etc with no issues. As to our wine glasses we use old (clean) socks over each glass and just set them upside down.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:57 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
I use the closed cabinet for my plates and bowls. They're Corelle and kind of thin. I put some bubble wrap between the plates and they are quite secure.
Ha ha ha glad I'm not the only one who destroyed some books in the open cabinet with the slide! I put the remotes in the area closest to the aisle and a few knick knacks in the other areas.
How about that cabinet on the island next to the drawers? Any good use for that?
Tev
I used the shelf out of my wife's closet cause she wanted another bar added. (A women needs choices in clothes) as she says. Had them cut to size and put them in the cabinet. Now I store my Tupperware containers and lids in there.

Now looking at putting some sort of wine rack in the long thin cabinet to the right of the microwave
Old 02-16-2017, 09:09 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Improvements and Issues: Winnebago/Itasca Tour/Ellipse 42HD or HL

Quote:
Tev

We put the Keurig there. I'm wondering if I should put a door on the book killer cabinet.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:53 AM   #27

Book killer cabinet indeed! LOL
Here's another question. Has anyone found a way to keep the dishwasher closed once going off of shore power or gennie? I try to remember to lock it and if we're on the road switching between the inverter while traveling and the gennie or shore power it's ok but sometimes I forget to lock it and then it's going back on shore or starting up the gennie just to lock it. Is there another method or a little latch of some kind?
Tev
Old 02-17-2017, 09:26 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Book killer cabinet indeed! LOL
Here's another question. Has anyone found a way to keep the dishwasher closed once going off of shore power or gennie? I try to remember to lock it and if we're on the road switching between the inverter while traveling and the gennie or shore power it's ok but sometimes I forget to lock it and then it's going back on shore or starting up the gennie just to lock it. Is there another method or a little latch of some kind?
Tev
If you have the owners manual. There is a method stated in it on how you can lock it for travel and will remain locked until your ready to open it.

If you don't let me know and when I am back to my rig I will copy and paste it for you.

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago