RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2019, 01:34 AM   #309

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Aquahot fluid temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Whoops ... correction:

RV Hydronic Heater Repair - Home
Good link. Thanks.

Do you know what temperature the fluid in an aqua hot runs at? Does the water heater only mode differ from the temp when diesel fired?

Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2019, 06:38 AM   #310

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I remember reading the target range in the manual. We've got our system set to provide 120 degrees at the faucet (the temp/mixing valve is set 'in the middle').

Prior to flushing and replacing the AH fluid this year our electric-only water temp 'seemed' to be lower than when the diesel burner was on. Since the flush and new AH fluid the water temp on electric-only and burner are the same.

The system's fixed-temp thermostat controls both the electric and the diesel side. At issue is whether the electric-only can reach and sustain the set temp (especially if one of the electrical elements is out).

Old 03-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #311

A little help on my new to me Ellipse 42HD please

Hello everyone, I just returned home from picking up my new to me Ellipse 42HD! I love the coach, but as things go, there are a few minor things inop and I was hoping some of you may be able to help me troubleshoot them. First off, the wife's passenger seat heater and massager does not work. It will not even power up the corded remote. My seat (drivers) works perfect. Any ideas what to look for? Second, radio controls on the steering wheel don't work. I replaced the batteries and still nothing. Is something set wrong? When I test drove the coach, the remote worked sporadically. Third, half of the LED lights are out on the strip of the entrance door awning. Where can I get a replacement and how hard are they to install? Thank you in advance. I'm sure there will be many more questions coming!
Desiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:52 PM   #312
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Congrats on the Ellipse HD! One quick thing regarding the radio etc controls on the steering wheel......it operates by infrared to a module on the steering column. The buttons only function when the wheel is at "straight down the road" position. If you turn the wheel too far left or right, the infrared beam doesn't connect with the module.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:38 AM   #313

If the awnings are like my Grand Tour then you can order the strip from Carefree of Colorado. Its an easy install.

When we picked up our Grand Tour they had the wires crossed in the connector under the seat. Compare the pinout with your drivers seat connector and see if they are different.
Good luck.
TJ
tdjackson56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:45 AM   #314

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiday View Post
Hello everyone, I just returned home from picking up my new to me Ellipse 42HD! I love the coach, but as things go, there are a few minor things inop and I was hoping some of you may be able to help me troubleshoot them. First off, the wife's passenger seat heater and massager does not work. It will not even power up the corded remote. My seat (drivers) works perfect. Any ideas what to look for? Second, radio controls on the steering wheel don't work. I replaced the batteries and still nothing. Is something set wrong? When I test drove the coach, the remote worked sporadically. Third, half of the LED lights are out on the strip of the entrance door awning. Where can I get a replacement and how hard are they to install? Thank you in advance. I'm sure there will be many more questions coming!
My entrance door leds are out too. If you figure it out let me know. But I am pretty sure my 2016 Ellipse has Girard awnings not Carefree. What about others?
Old 03-18-2019, 04:54 AM   #315

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Monitor panel lighting

Monitor panel lighting.

I wanted to be better able to see my level gauges electric readouts etc. in my monitor panel so I added a motion activated LED strip available from Amazon

You will notice I also added an ordinary book light as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F2F4EACD-D070-411D-9C39-1B9D5AE6E0B1.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	238471  
Old 03-20-2019, 06:55 AM   #316

replacing whirlpool velos microwave

my microwave is still under warrenty and i have a damaged door. I BEEN TOLD to replace microwave any recommendations? i have a 2016 Ellipse 42QD. thanks for looking tom
drurytr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #317

These lights are a great idea. I use a small flashlight that is always falling out on the tile floor. Thanks for the photos.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:32 PM   #318

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tom I replaced my MW about 18 months ago - didn't find the exact replacement or one that fit the existing brackets. Bought a Whirlpool convection and built the frame and vent system out to fit. Works better than the original.

I advise getting good measurements of clearances - remember to lift the stove top if you have one - and then shop for the MW you (or the Boss) like best. Keep in mind wattage ratings so you don't exceed the electrical system's capabilities. I installed a GE Adventium (sp?) for a friend - they love how well that works.

Questions welcomed ...
Old 03-22-2019, 07:16 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Tom I replaced my MW about 18 months ago - didn't find the exact replacement or one that fit the existing brackets. Bought a Whirlpool convection and built the frame and vent system out to fit. Works better than the original.

I advise getting good measurements of clearances - remember to lift the stove top if you have one - and then shop for the MW you (or the Boss) like best. Keep in mind wattage ratings so you don't exceed the electrical system's capabilities. I installed a GE Adventium (sp?) for a friend - they love how well that works.

Questions welcomed ...
we are looking into the GE Adventiumnn, on the one you installed did it look like it fit well in the cabinet space when you were finished? was there much cabinet rework to install? thanks for taking time to respond. tom
Old 03-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #320

Love2roam2 how did the ge advantium look after install? was the ge a good fit in the space? tom
Old 03-26-2019, 07:39 AM   #321

I think I remember seeing posts about the fresh water tank "mysteriously" filling by itself but I can't find the threads. Can someone help me? Seems ours is doing this when we are on city water and not using the water pump. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #322

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tom
The GEs width fit well (pretty standard across many models). We had to build out the framework for the height and depth (in a Horizon) - suspect the same in a Tour/Ellipse. Also had a new vent fabricated which worked much better.

If you like glad to talk by phone - PM me a number and time frame/zone I can call you at.
Steve

Lv2Roam2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago