Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #323

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Re: tank self filling: often happens when the ‘normal / tank fill’ valve gets stuck partially open by debris. You can cycle the valve while under pressure to see if it will flush out. If not - may need to be disassembled and/or replaced.
Lv2Roam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 AM   #324

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
I think I remember seeing posts about the fresh water tank "mysteriously" filling by itself but I can't find the threads. Can someone help me? Seems ours is doing this when we are on city water and not using the water pump. Thanks.
Had that happen in ours. Found that cycling the valve from house to tank fill a couple times has seemed to fix the issue.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #325

Bedding on "sleep number" mattress

Does anybody know of any special sheet sets and comforters that actually fit the king sized "sleep number" mattress in my 42HD?
Desiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:50 AM   #326

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Leaky fill valve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Had that happen in ours. Found that cycling the valve from house to tank fill a couple times has seemed to fix the issue.
That sounds like a leaky fill valve. Sometimes those kinds of devices could have a problem of the valve “seating” although the ball valves don’t appear to have plastic or leather seals that would cause that. Alternatively it could be you just aren’t securely opening or closing it - where the ball is misaligned.

Just M2CW

Bill
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:20 AM   #327

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
That sounds like a leaky fill valve. Sometimes those kinds of devices could have a problem of the valve “seating” although the ball valves don’t appear to have plastic or leather seals that would cause that. Alternatively it could be you just aren’t securely opening or closing it - where the ball is misaligned.

Just M2CW

Bill
Yes. Cycled it and the problem went away.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:57 PM   #328

Wireless Sleep Number controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartts View Post
Great idea! I was thinking about drilling a hole through the side wall of the bed frame, running the wires through there, one on each side. I was also wondering if the mAnufacturer of the pump sells an add on wireless controller...
as an aside, had anyone replaced the dimpled fireplace with the log model? Any ideas there?

I don't have your coach, but on my Itasca Suncruiser I replaced the pump and control assy with a new wireless dual control unit. Cost about $100 or so for the pump and one controller. You only need one, it controls both sides. I was having trouble with the faded lcd display anyway. Works great and no wires. I'm not super fond of the SN set, when you drive to different altitudes you have to reset it, which means plug in or use the gen, unless you have an inverter.
jerrybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #329

We'll give that cycling a try this weekend while we're in the coach. Thanks all. On another note. Does anyone have membership in Harvest Hosts? Is it a good option for camping? Any in Florida? Thought I'd look into it before joining. Thanks.
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 11:05 PM   #330

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Harvest Hosts

Quote:
We'll give that cycling a try this weekend while we're in the coach. Thanks all. On another note. Does anyone have membership in Harvest Hosts? Is it a good option for camping? Any in Florida? Thought I'd look into it before joining. Thanks.
Yes, we bought membership for 75 bucks I think. Haven't used it but heard good things from a friend. My concern so far is that the ones I've looked at on the map worry me as being too far off the good roads for our Ellipse. That's yet to be tested by me and the word from the site is that you can call the "host" and ask if you will fit or the roads are ok. Some people actually do know how hard it is to navigate one of these and some don't though.

If you do try some stick a review on this site somewhere!

Bill
Old 04-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #331

Bill,
Good point about the distance off road and whether or not we can navigate the roads. Our coach isn't really made for off roading, is it? :-)
Now this is for anyone in the Dallas area. Who do you use for service for your Ellipse/Tour? Anyone? We are looking for a reputable (too much to hope for?) service dept for scheduled maintenance and a few other items. The dealer is NOT an option. Thanks for any input.
Tev
Old 04-13-2019, 08:14 AM   #332

I know there are threads about tires on this forum but some of them are pretty old so thought I'd check with my fellow Ellipse/Tour owners to see if any of you have purchased new tires. We need to get some before our next trip in a month or so. At the very least the front two since they are showing wear on the side walls. Any suggestions for types, discounts (we are not FMCA members) etc?
Thanks.
Tev
Old 04-14-2019, 09:27 AM   #333

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
We looked into Harvest Hosts and decided to pass when we learned no outdoor cooking. All cooking had to be done inside the coach.
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:17 AM   #334

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Quote:
I know there are threads about tires on this forum but some of them are pretty old so thought I'd check with my fellow Ellipse/Tour owners to see if any of you have purchased new tires. We need to get some before our next trip in a month or so. At the very least the front two since they are showing wear on the side walls. Any suggestions for types, discounts (we are not FMCA members) etc?
Thanks.
Tev
I just installed 295-80's on the front, Toyo's M144.
Rears are also Toyo's but the size i needed didn't offer M144 so they recommended M177 which I did. One short 200 mile trip and they seemed great! Balanced all 8 also. Driveout was around $4k. (Tax and FERC was not a fun part of the bill to look at.)
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:39 PM   #335

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Harvest Hosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK View Post
We looked into Harvest Hosts and decided to pass when we learned no outdoor cooking. All cooking had to be done inside the coach.
Allan
Was that a rule for all locations? I've had the membership but haven't tried stopping in one yet.

Bill
Old 04-15-2019, 11:45 PM   #336

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiday View Post
Does anybody know of any special sheet sets and comforters that actually fit the king sized "sleep number" mattress in my 42HD?
I assume no one answered you because no one knows of special sheets. We just use regular sheets.

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago