Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2017, 09:34 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
Having only a 2 inch plug thats at the rear of a carpeted compartment asks for trouble with filling or adding bleach.
I can say more on this but ...
I add bleach by disconnecting and draining the hose from the coach. Then fill the hose with bleach, hook it up and presto the bleach is soon in the tank or the system depending upon which way the valve is turned.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
Ok good input. There is one thing I'd like someone to try - see if it's same as mine:

When hooked up to city water AND fill valve is in "fill" position check the water at a faucet. Mine only dribbles.

Now before changing anything turn on water pump. Mine won't stop running as long as valve is filling.

I had my softener in a bay in the Bounder. I hope to still find a way I can do that in wet bay but if not then hopefully in Aquahot bay.
All the pump is doing is drawing from the tank and circulating the water back into the take through the valve. Have checked SOB and they are do the same thing.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #31

Thanks akcretired. I'll check there and see if I can locate the info. If not, I'll let you know.
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 06:04 AM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Gordon: by adding bleach to your system thru the hose, you're also running the bleach thru the water filter. The recommended way is to remove the filter from the canister, add the bleach in the canister and reinstall, then run water to the area you want, fresh water tank or couch system as normal.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:55 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Gordon: by adding bleach to your system thru the hose, you're also running the bleach thru the water filter. The recommended way is to remove the filter from the canister, add the bleach in the canister and reinstall, then run water to the area you want, fresh water tank or couch system as normal.
My system sends the water directly to the water tank when on tank fill. The filter is when the valve is set to house or the pump is running.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:13 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Our 2012 Tour water system works just like Gordon's.
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:21 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, On our 12 Journey, ALL water goes thru the filter first, no matter if it's going to the faucet or the tank.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
OK, On our 12 Journey, ALL water goes thru the filter first, no matter if it's going to the faucet or the tank.
Is it an aftermarket filter installation?

Filtering the water before you put the junk in the tank makes a lot of sense.

I pre-filter the water that goes in our tank but it is aftermarket.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:39 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Gordon; No it's not after market it's the way it was plumbed from Winnebago, so I sort of figured your Tour would be plumbed the same way.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Issues with 2015 ellipse 42HD:
We bought ours new this past October, love the floor plan, but have had multiple issues with passenger rear slid, and driver front slide .. also number bed cords got mangled with bed lift mechanism, captain seats fuse keeps popping, etc... my first question is , what is the cabinet to the left of the sink for ( on bottom)?
bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:02 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartts View Post
Issues with 2015 ellipse 42HD:
We bought ours new this past October, love the floor plan, but have had multiple issues with passenger rear slid, and driver front slide .. also number bed cords got mangled with bed lift mechanism, captain seats fuse keeps popping, etc... my first question is , what is the cabinet to the left of the sink for ( on bottom)?
We have the 2015 Tour 42HD and love the floor plan as well. We are having problems with our drivers side rear slide. Seems to be binding in places as it extends and retracts. Taking to dealer next week for a fix.

As for your captains seats. Check your connections under the seat. We had the same problem and noticed some lose connections. Tightened things and no problem since.

The cabinet left lower of the sink is for the leaf to the dinning table. We have also put a small foldable step stool for the misses to reach things in the top cabinets.

If your looking for a nice place to store TV trays. Look behind your couch. TV trays fit nicely back there.
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Smile

More questions in the 2015 42HD...
1, anyone know the manufacturer's intended purpose of the small shelves in the Lounge area, to the right of the TV? We currently have DVD's, games, some food items there, but it seems to me that the space could be used better... if it were intended for spices, why so few shelves? if it were for dvd's, why such low barriers? There must have been a plan here... any one from Winni able to answer?
2, I have noticed that when switching from landline or generator to engine battery power, I must manually press the button in side to turn on the inverter, otherwise there is no power to the refrig. have I missed something?
3, Are there any instruction manuals to explain in layman's terms how to use the gen auto set feature?
Thanks!
Bart in FL
bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:02 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Gordon; No it's not after market it's the way it was plumbed from Winnebago, so I sort of figured your Tour would be plumbed the same way.
Have to agree.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #42

I don't know bartts about those shelves but whatever you do DON'T put books there. See previous comments about the book eating slide. :-) I'm not sure they aren't just decorative or a place to put knick knacks and such. I keep the remotes for the TV there at the end. Seems a good place to always find them.
Would like to know if there's another spot to turn the inverter on too but I don't think so. It does sort of switch over to inverter though if you've been on shore power while traveling for a bit. Mine did and I don't know how that worked but you do need to have it for the frig.
Layman's terms for most of this stuff is always appreciated because there's so much to know and learn it's tough to go through all the manuals. We just keep plugging away at it and mostly learn by trial and error but that has to stop now since the year "grace" period is coming to an end!
I found the info for locking the dishwasher drawer but it didn't work so I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing. Pressing the lock button until it long beeps and then just remember to lock it before going off full power or the gennie. Akcretired, let me know what you do.
Tev
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago