RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #57

Thanks bartts. I couldn't find anything about how to manually lower the Tv if we aren't able to get the electric panel working. Any ideas on that? I really appreciate the manual. Now I'll always have it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 AM   #58

Winnebago Owners Club
Improvements and Issues: Winnebago/Itasca Tour/Ellipse 42HD or HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartts View Post
Anyone know if the folding chairs are available for sale anywhere at a reasonable price? I like your idea of leaving the tall ones home, but we need the set of 4 for when friends visit.

Update chairs are made by Alicia,but the only price I could find was $500.36 each (not an error, I asked if they meant 50.36 each, they said no).

"Bart,

Folding chair $500.36/each. Plus S/H. When you are ready to place your order, please give me a call. 4-5 week manufacture time.

Thank you,
Alicia

Please make note of our new email address: info@winnebagoparts.com

Providing Winnebago parts for over 25 years
Parts for your Winnebago is our only business!
Call 800-933-7742 or 641-896-2222 M-F, 8-5
www.winnebagoparts.com"

bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:24 AM   #59

jwaustin, I noticed on the new Journey model 40J which has the same bedroom bath configuration that there is a cut out at the vanity for the feet. Might be something we could have done to our model.
TB
Old 02-27-2017, 02:38 AM   #60

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TB
Good thinking. I did take a peek at what is behind the vanity and it seemed there is a metal compartment that is back there....top of the engine compartment I assume. a hold might help with the kickspace but if the panel is there it won't allow a very deep hole.

I've even wondered about "extending the vanity top" somehow to make the kickspace be better.

Bill
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #61

Winnebago Owners Club
On the HD, where are your control wires run for the number bed? Mine keep getting mangled by the bed lift ... TY
Old 02-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #62

Are you referring to the remote controls and the wires attached? I'm thinking so. Ours are outside of the bed and I always make sure to pull them on top of the bed and sort of entwine them so they don't slide off during travel. I wish the bed had cordless remotes because the cords/wires are a bit of a pain and I'm always concerned one of us is going to trip on them in the middle of the night. Thinking of putting up a Command hook on the wall to hang them on to keep them out of the way.
Tev
Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 AM   #63

Bill, it might not be necessary to do anything other than replace the kick space at the bottom with the one on the new Journey. The part could be ordered I'm sure. I didn't look at the new Tours to see if it's on them yet but I bet it will be since the Journey and Tour owners probably feel the same as we do about the space. I have gotten used to it but still....
Tev
Old 02-28-2017, 02:25 PM   #64
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
Are you referring to the remote controls and the wires attached? I'm thinking so. Ours are outside of the bed and I always make sure to pull them on top of the bed and sort of entwine them so they don't slide off during travel. I wish the bed had cordless remotes because the cords/wires are a bit of a pain and I'm always concerned one of us is going to trip on them in the middle of the night. Thinking of putting up a Command hook on the wall to hang them on to keep them out of the way.
Tev
That's sort of what I did with ours. I threaded the cords though the opening on one side of the bed just above the velcro strip that holds the bed skirt on the wood frame. I then velcroed the bed controls side by side to the "night stand" right near the bed tilt up/down switch. I have not had any problems with the wires with this configuration. It also can be done of course with a control on (each) side night stand.

I never take the controls down. I just push the buttons etc and leave 'em velcroed in place.
Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:00 PM   #65

Winnebago Owners Club
Improvements and Issues: Winnebago/Itasca Tour/Ellipse 42HD or HL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
That's sort of what I did with ours. I threaded the cords though the opening on one side of the bed just above the velcro strip that holds the bed skirt on the wood frame. I then velcroed the bed controls side by side to the "night stand" right near the bed tilt up/down switch. I have not had any problems with the wires with this configuration. It also can be done of course with a control on (each) side night stand.

I never take the controls down. I just push the buttons etc and leave 'em velcroed in place.
Regards,
W.D.

Great idea! I was thinking about drilling a hole through the side wall of the bed frame, running the wires through there, one on each side. I was also wondering if the mAnufacturer of the pump sells an add on wireless controller...
as an aside, had anyone replaced the dimpled fireplace with the log model? Any ideas there?
Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #66
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post

Regards,
W.D.
I should have said below the velcro strip for the skirting. The skirting is mounted on the bed mattress platform edge on our coach. There's a gap between it and the top of the wood surround that rests on the floor. There's enough gap there to leave plenty slack for the wires. Sorry for my mis-speak, here's a picture.....

Regards,
W.D.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_183322_Richtone%28HDR%29.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	153416  
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #67

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Vanity kickpanel space

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
jwaustin, I noticed on the new Journey model 40J which has the same bedroom bath configuration that there is a cut out at the vanity for the feet. Might be something we could have done to our model.
TB
Yeah TB,
Maybe that's worth looking into. That would be easier than some other alternatives. Do you know if the existing panel we have just snaps out or has some screws?

If you get a chance to take a photo of it that would help...or if anyone else out there has a 40U or some similar WB unit they could take one.

Bill
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #68

Bill, haven't seen one in person yet. Only on the WB website on the video for the new floorplan Journey 40J. I asked about it at our service dept. and was told if it has a part number on it then it could be ordered and installed. If it fits. Don't see why it wouldn't.
Tev
Old 03-02-2017, 11:47 AM   #69

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
I add bleach by disconnecting and draining the hose from the coach. Then fill the hose with bleach, hook it up and presto the bleach is soon in the tank or the system depending upon which way the valve is turned.
Great idea! Simple and effective. Thanks for the common-sense tip.
The_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:32 PM   #70

We're coming to the end of our first year under warranty so considering getting Extended Warranty on the coach. Any ideas about who to go to? This is for the coach and not roadside assistance, although we want to extend that as well.
Just saw an email this morning from Winnebago Industries announcing their 3 year or 100,000 mile warranty for anyone purchasing a Diesel pusher from March 1 to Aug 31 of this year. Guess it's just for new purchases. Did anyone else see it?
Tev

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago