RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2017, 08:52 PM   #71

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
We're coming to the end of our first year under warranty so considering getting Extended Warranty on the coach. Any ideas about who to go to? This is for the coach and not roadside assistance, although we want to extend that as well.
Just saw an email this morning from Winnebago Industries announcing their 3 year or 100,000 mile warranty for anyone purchasing a Diesel pusher from March 1 to Aug 31 of this year. Guess it's just for new purchases. Did anyone else see it?
Tev
Got a note from Winnebago to that effect. It is a special.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #72

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
We're coming to the end of our first year under warranty so considering getting Extended Warranty on the coach. Any ideas about who to go to? This is for the coach and not roadside assistance, although we want to extend that as well.
Just saw an email this morning from Winnebago Industries announcing their 3 year or 100,000 mile warranty for anyone purchasing a Diesel pusher from March 1 to Aug 31 of this year. Guess it's just for new purchases. Did anyone else see it?
Tev

Saw the Winnie note- yeah seems to be a sales incentive.

We had a Cornerstone warranty on our Fleetwood and liked it. Our Winnebago is ex warranty through Camping World but we just purchased it so we have no data - will know better when we get further along.

For those that comment on the value of warranty all I can say is we are still working so it's easier to pay than find time to do it ourselves.

Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 AM   #73

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I got an email notice from Winnie regarding their new 3 year/100,000 mile warranty on diesel pushers. My experience with our 2015 Itasca Solei 36G leaving me wishing I had this warranty... We have owned this coach for almost a year and it has been in the shop for warranty work over 120 days. The list of issues is long............
The_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #74

Bob, haven't all your issues been covered under the current warranty? We have had the same thing with our Ellipse but feel the problems are getting under control and anything major has been covered for us. Our coach has been in the shop for about 120 days total and as I mentioned before we are coming to the end of the year "grace" period so we are hoping all the bugs have been worked on and we can travel with more confidence now. At least I hope so. A new house has many issues as well and it takes awhile before everything is smooth. It's just we aren't traveling in the sticks and bricks like we are in the moho so it seems so much worse when you are on the road. :-) Hang in there.
Tev
Old 03-04-2017, 11:35 AM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bob View Post
I got an email notice from Winnie regarding their new 3 year/100,000 mile warranty on diesel pushers. My experience with our 2015 Itasca Solei 36G leaving me wishing I had this warranty... We have owned this coach for almost a year and it has been in the shop for warranty work over 120 days. The list of issues is long............

I feel for you, we bought our Ellipse 42hd new in October 2016, have only used it 7 days, been at service 4 months on & off. 17 pages of service records already and in service now with 21 new issues and 2 repeat issues... warranty covering everything for now, and the extended warranty we bought kicks in in October which is an exclusionary warranty, so most will be covered for an additional 4 years... then we plan on trying to buy another rig or warranty.... sad...
bartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:43 AM   #76

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Bob, haven't all your issues been covered under the current warranty? We have had the same thing with our Ellipse but feel the problems are getting under control and anything major has been covered for us. Our coach has been in the shop for about 120 days total and as I mentioned before we are coming to the end of the year "grace" period so we are hoping all the bugs have been worked on and we can travel with more confidence now. At least I hope so. A new house has many issues as well and it takes awhile before everything is smooth. It's just we aren't traveling in the sticks and bricks like we are in the moho so it seems so much worse when you are on the road. :-) Hang in there.
Tev
I don't believe that ANYONE would believe that 120 days in the shop for the first year of ownership can be deemed in any way to be reasonable. I did not shell out almost $200,000 for innumerable problems. We have owned several RV's over the years and all have had minor issues. But this one has been beyond horrible. Yes, the dealer has been supportive, but having to take our coach in 3-5 times for the same problem is not reasonable. Winnebago delivered a crappy product (excluding the the Freightliner chassis and Cummins diesel) and put the weight of fixes on me. Their quality control is awful. I have about 2 days left on my warranty and have made copious notes on all the issues, should they occur again post warranty (and many will.) Frankly, I am scarred to take vehicle anywhere. I will say that the Winnebago repair facility in Junction City, Oregon, has been helpful and honest, and that they have diagnosed problems that the dealer and other Winnie dealers have not. These guys are good. It's the product that sucks.
The_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bob View Post
I don't believe that ANYONE would believe that 120 days in the shop for the first year of ownership can be deemed in any way to be reasonable. I did not shell out almost $200,000 for innumerable problems. We have owned several RV's over the years and all have had minor issues. But this one has been beyond horrible. Yes, the dealer has been supportive, but having to take our coach in 3-5 times for the same problem is not reasonable. Winnebago delivered a crappy product (excluding the the Freightliner chassis and Cummins diesel) and put the weight of fixes on me. Their quality control is awful. I have about 2 days left on my warranty and have made copious notes on all the issues, should they occur again post warranty (and many will.) Frankly, I am scarred to take vehicle anywhere. I will say that the Winnebago repair facility in Junction City, Oregon, has been helpful and honest, and that they have diagnosed problems that the dealer and other Winnie dealers have not. These guys are good. It's the product that sucks.

Agreed 110% well said
Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Improvements and Issues: Winnebago/Itasca Tour/Ellipse 42HD or HL

Quote:
Tev

Just be sure to get an extended exclusionary (everything covered unless specifically excluded) warranty . We have used Viking Protection plan sold by Wholesale Warranties @ 800-939-2806 for about $8k, 6yrs or 100k Miles. $part down, then $87 per month
Money well spent, 100 deductible per visit, regardless the number of covered issues being addressed on the visit. Plus they pay the dealer directly through their credit card so dealers have no problem using them. Other warranty companies pay by mailed check so many dealer or repair centers will not accept the coverage.

We have used these guys for our past 2 warranties, even refunded unused premium when we traded in last rig for our horrific Winnebago .
Old 03-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #79

Unfortunately for us, we absolutely love the floor plan of this coach and nothing else even comes close to it. For us. No other floor plan on the market that we've seen is designed like it and so we suffer through the inconveniences that comes with it. It appears 2015 was NOT a stellar year for Winnebago. Don't know what happened but it seems more of that year's models are having trouble.
Thanks for the tip on the Viking ex. warranty protection plan. We'll look into that along with Cornerstone.
Tev
Old 03-05-2017, 09:36 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Unfortunately for us, we absolutely love the floor plan of this coach and nothing else even comes close to it. For us. No other floor plan on the market that we've seen is designed like it and so we suffer through the inconveniences that comes with it. It appears 2015 was NOT a stellar year for Winnebago. Don't know what happened but it seems more of that year's models are having trouble.
Thanks for the tip on the Viking ex. warranty protection plan. We'll look into that along with Cornerstone.
Tev

So I don't know if this is a case where I am one of those "people who have good experience but don't say anything" or if I have enough problems that I am adding fuel to the fire.

My experience has been mixed. We bought a "year-old new unit" that had been used for some shows. There were several things that were worked on before we actually took possession and several things since then.

We have had a 20-year-old DP and we've had a couple new gas motorhomes. As has been posted, we all expect problems. For our Ellipse we do find many things we really love. It's taken the ones we owned and time in searching to see the good and the bad. There are more problems than should be the case with this one but like many things in the world, it's worth the trade off.
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
Old 03-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #81

So now let's move onto more pleasant topics. Anyone heading out someplace special or interesting? We are heading to Purina Farms in Gray Summit, MO for a National Shetland Sheepdog show in April. Will get to tour the Budweiser brewery and tour the Clydesdale farm too. Where are YOU headed?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:25 AM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
So now let's move onto more pleasant topics. Anyone heading out someplace special or interesting? We are heading to Purina Farms in Gray Summit, MO for a National Shetland Sheepdog show in April. Will get to tour the Budweiser brewery and tour the Clydesdale farm too. Where are YOU headed?

Well ... we are in Forest City for a new unit warranty session. I could say more on that (updates and how friendly WBGO staff is) but in keeping with your post it's a nice little town. This time of year isn't best but I can see a few things to do here. If you like small Midwest towns that is.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:57 AM   #83

Give details on your experience there. We've never been. Will you take a tour of the facility? Give em heck about our issues, ok? ��
Just thought we needed a bit of a break from the downside of rving.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #84
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmaustin View Post
Well ... we are in Forest City for a new unit warranty session. I could say more on that (updates and how friendly WBGO staff is) but in keeping with your post it's a nice little town. This time of year isn't best but I can see a few things to do here. If you like small Midwest towns that is.
Tour the Surf Ballroom in Clear Lake. That's my hometown. Lot of music history in the area.

Regards,
W.D.

Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago