RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
I update my GPS about every 3 - 4 months ... haven't seen any show-stoppers yet. With a good internet hook-up process takes less than 30 minutes ...

I don't complain about the process itself or the software except it has too many glitches that I have to fix.

I actually work with controls software for trucks. We test the systems until they are right. What I complain about is the fact that someone sells a product that users have to put this much work into. We (those in business related to mine) have sold users on supporting products in ways that never would have been acceptable in the past.

We use the example of an automobile. Could we ever have said to users "hey occasionally you have to stop the car and shut everything off and start all over again no matter what you are doing". That's how some PCs and some electronics perform. That's how my RM NAV system works.

Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and SMARTCAR. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2017, 09:48 PM   #100

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The SD card gets updated often for road construction warnings as well as changes to the software and routing info. The locking up of the system is probably a defective control unit but might just be from overheating. It is sandwiched in with no air circulation. I added a small 12 volt fan to mine and fixed a lot of flaky problems. Camping World had already replaced the control unit under warranty for the Navigation freezing. I would suggest you contact Riverpark. They are very helpful. As a word of caution, if you use the Bluetooth and navigation an incoming phone call will override the display. Can be a bit unnerving if in the middle of a series of interchange maneuvers. I have my Bluetooth set to not auto-connect.

aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:26 AM   #101

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
Hey John, thanks for the tip on the AquaHot issue. We'll check that out. Thanks Jesse for your info and you too Steve. Our tech said he updated the GPS for us during one of our long term services. How often do you think it needs updating?
Just got her back from our last warranty service and we're heading out tomorrow for the weekend and the next weekend and then a long two week trip. Woo hoo. Can't wait and hopeful there won't be any major issues.
Tev
I update our GPS before every trip. The update includes construction information so the update makes the information current.

The update will only update the necessary data so can be very fast.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #102

Anyone have any ideas about why the ice maker isn't making ice? The switch is on, the water pressure is good, the water dispensing part works, and it made ice last weekend just fine but not this weekend. Can't figure it out. Thoughts????
Tev
Old 04-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
Anyone have any ideas about why the ice maker isn't making ice? The switch is on, the water pressure is good, the water dispensing part works, and it made ice last weekend just fine but not this weekend. Can't figure it out. Thoughts????
Tev
You may have a bad circuit board. Mine has done the same thing. Ended up replacing a bad thermostat and now the techs are coming out weds to replace the circuit board and put in a new ice maker. I will let you know the outcome later this week.
akcretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:05 PM   #104

Okay thanks. We did mention this before when it was in for other issues and of course it worked fine-THEN. I'll see what you find out before I mention the circuit board on our next visit.
Tev
Old 04-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
If your still under warranty you can call the 800 number on the owners manual for maytag and they will send a tech out to you. No need to wait on dealership to fix too.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the issues with filling the fresh water tank. With our Journey all I need to do is flip a valve on the water panel near where the city water hook up is to "fresh water fill". There isn't even a way to fill my tank with a hose without removing a 2" plug on the top of the tank that's not meant to be removed an on a regular basis. When the tank is full using the normal fill procedures it'll overflow out the overflow tube onto the ground.

noice74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #107

Just out of warranty but it has been an issue before. I didn't even think about calling Maytag and there was talk previously on another thread about not being able to get someone to come to an RV for service for residential refrigerators because they weren't in a traditional house. Not true???????
Old 04-01-2017, 04:19 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Not true. I have had no problem. When you call Maytag they will ask for model/serial number. Once they have that they know it is installed in an RV. Have had no problem with them sending out a tech. Just balought an extended 5 yr warranty with Maytag as well. Sending out two techs this week because they have to pull the fridge out to replace the ice maker unit and control board.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #109

That will be quite a job for sure. Did you extend warranties on all appliances?
Old 04-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #110

Winnebago Owners Club
Just fridge. Only Maytag I have
Old 04-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #111

Right, same with ours but we have the fisher paykel dishwasher and the whirlpool micro/convection and the ariston splendide washer/dryer like you do I'm sure. Seems like there should be a package extended warranty for all of them.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:03 PM   #112

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't think Maytag would cover those products, however I do have an extended warranty on the rig that does include all those.

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago