Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #141

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Adding a tap light I meant. :-)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #142

LOL Bill. Decorating idea is a woman's thought process. I can see why you would go the electrical idea. I just wish they would've thought to put the bedroom lights on the switch just outside the 1/2 bath. I don't think we really need four different areas for galley, lounge, and two for hallway. There's a hallway choice on the firefly in the 1/2 bath AND one just outside the door on that larger firefly! Really? A remote of some kind would be good too even though we have about 10 for all the TVs! Oh well I'll just continue to use my trusty flashlight to make my way into the room and across the bed when the slides are in.
tb919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:14 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb919 View Post
Oh well I'll just continue to use my trusty flashlight to make my way into the room and across the bed when the slides are in.

My technique, since we usually drive with lights off, is just before I close slides I turn every single light in the back on. Then when I go up front I use the "turn off all lights" switch. When I need to get in the back I can hit that same switch again and all of the lights in the back will come on.
Retired_Helo_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #144

Well boy do I feel dumb. That is such a simple solution retired helo pilot. But that's why I ask questions on these forums for solutions like this. Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:51 PM   #145

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thats what we are trying to make a habit of...use the master off switches. Does anyone have experience with those...it seems that they don't "always" just bring back the lights that were on.

Well I should clarify: there are 4 master on/off switches 1. front door (all off) 2. galley (all off) 3 bedroom (front off) 4 bed overhead (all off)?

And when using them, going to "off" will take all off but going to "on" with some switches will take you to some number of lights on but that seems to vary.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:56 PM   #146

Improvements and Issues: Winnebago/Itasca Tour/Ellipse 42HD or HL

Has anyone had the cable for the copilot chair swivel mechanism come undone? I can see the cable, but for the life of me can't find where to connect it back to. I have disconnected the 4 bolts holding the chair and have it resting on its back. Can't seem to find a manual or anything that would help. If anyone has any pics of the connection location or how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: I have searched all forums, google, etc. I have also looked at drivers seat but it is routed differently.

Edit: Fixed it, it is helpful if you notice that pieces of the mechanism are laying under the mount plate.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:48 PM   #147

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Helo, that blasted thing has come loose 3 times on mine, (no matter how careful I am with the lever). It looks like I'm going to have to re-engineer it........as no one can seem to fix it. I had it "fixed" 3 times.

Damn nice seat, damn poor latch design/cable tension stop.

W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 AM   #148

Doesn't it seem redundant to have two master switches in the bedroom and yet there's only one switch to raise and lower the TV? :-)
It might have been a better idea to have master switches at the front door & the one over the bed and these would truly be Master switches for everything and then one for the back in the galley area before going into the bedroom. I like being able to turn on the lights before going into the bedroom with the master switches but then I have to go around and turn those off that I don't want on since EVERYTHING lights up. I think I'm missing something here about the proper use of these switches. Hey wait! Maybe that's what the one master is for at the bathroom door in the br. It only turns off the front lights but keeps the bedroom lights on? Will have to work on this while we are out this weekend.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:15 AM   #149

Oh by the way. Got the dashboard cover and it fits pretty well. Haven't secured it yet with the Velcro since we haven't been in the coach since receiving it but it looks nice and lays well on the dash. Keeps it clean and protected. I was laying down a towel since this is where we put the dog's leashes but this will be so much better!
Old 06-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #150

One of the things I have been trying to find was a spreadsheet or checklist that someone made so that I could keep track of the maintenance I needed to do on the coach. Alas, I never did find anything. Sooooo, I made my own. This list is just based on what I have found in reading through all of the manuals included with the coach. It does not include the chassis yet as that is a monster. I am including a link so that others may add to it. WARNING: As of right now this is only based on the 2016 model. If you have an older model, please research to make sure the part numbers are correct for everyone. This is specifically for the Ellipse but the Tour is nearly identical. I still need to scrub a lot of the online only manuals to see what else I can add. Keep in mind that I am a fulltimer so this does not include any winterization items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #151

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ret_Helo_Pilot

I like your checklist - stuff like this sure helps when things get busy - or I get tired! Some possible adds (please use, add, subtract, edit as you see best) ... I'm sure others will have more to contribute:

- Lube generator slide pistons monthly (CRC w/Teflon or WD-40 w/Teflon**)
- Lube slides' motor gears monthly (in frequent use) (**)
- Clean and lube slide seals every 6 months (303 Protectant)
- Clean and lube jacks every 6 months (more often if dirty or frequent use) (**)
- Pull air tank lanyards every month
- Open emergency window / clean and lube window seals every 6 months (**)
- Lube stair cover mechanism every 6 months (**)
- Clean and lube basement storage tray rails and rollers every 6 months (**)
- Clean and treat tires monthly (303 protectant)
- Clean and treat electrical cord and water hose every 6 months (more often if dirty or frequent use) (**)
- Treat sink/shower drains with Drano (or similar) every 6 months or as needed
- Change whole house water filter every 6 months
Old 06-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Ret_Helo_Pilot

I like your checklist - stuff like this sure helps when things get busy - or I get tired! Some possible adds (please use, add, subtract, edit as you see best)

Thanks for the list. That is what I like about this forum is the participation. I especially like your list as not a single one of them are listed in my manuals (minus chassis items) but they are things I know need to be done.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:43 PM   #153

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Surround sound: Can someone confirm that the HD has surround sound? Is it from the LG sound bar under the TV and where are the speakers? I believe it says so in the brochure but I took my unit in for service and the Winnebago dealer technician told me there is none. He therefore did not get it working.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:01 PM   #154

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
List edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_Helo_Pilot View Post
One of the things I have been trying to find was a spreadsheet or checklist that someone made so that I could keep track of the maintenance I needed to do on the coach. Alas, I never did find anything. Sooooo, I made my own. This list is just based on what I have found in reading through all of the manuals included with the coach. It does not include the chassis yet as that is a monster. I am including a link so that others may add to it. WARNING: As of right now this is only based on the 2016 model. If you have an older model, please research to make sure the part numbers are correct for everyone. This is specifically for the Ellipse but the Tour is nearly identical. I still need to scrub a lot of the online only manuals to see what else I can add. Keep in mind that I am a fulltimer so this does not include any winterization items.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
It seems i cant add to it? Did you add the items from Lv2roam?

Tags
42hd, 42hl, ellipse, itasca, winnebago