Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

what is the best satillite dish dome for dish network 500 operating on sat 110 asnd 119? any help appreciated.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

what is the best satillite dish dome for dish network 500 operating on sat 110 asnd 119? any help appreciated.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I'm happy with my King Dome in-motion setup. Came with the m/h.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

King Dome as well....

Fellow poster John Canfield had issues with his King Dome and King Dome put an entire new unit on his roof...

Several years ago,when I had the '03 Journey I had issues with my "Movin View" in motion dish,to which at the time Wineguard denied any issue existed....Got so upset that I replaced the unit with a TracStar (King Dome clone).....Learned later that year that Wineguard finally "owned" up to their issue and issued a recall...

No more Wineguard for me thanks...

Also....I might add the King Dome miracle spray has solved my issues with rain fade as well...
It may have butane,heptane and propane in it,but it works!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:15 AM   #5

We have a Wineguard on our Vectra and for the first year it didn't work. FINALLY, Wineguard did come to the conclusion that it was defective and I must say they did make it right and replaced the entire system, dome too. We have Direct TV and we have really liked the system. We have used it while DH is driving and it works great. Of course when we are camped we have to deal with the trees at times which is normal. We like it when we are at the VA Tech games and parked in the cage. We get great reception there.
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

We have a TracStar In-motion satellite dish on our coach and it works very well. We got this particular one because it sends two signals through the single cable in our coach and then decodes back to two signals for our TIVO unit.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:15 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RON55:
what is the best satillite dish dome for dish network 500 operating on sat 110 asnd 119? any help appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think anybody directly answered your question about the best system for DISH. DirecTV is much simpler since we just use 101W (unless you go the HDTV route) - sorry but I have no first-hand information about what system works best on DISH. I have read about KVH issues in changing satellites, but but none concerning the King product. Do some reading about the King product and/or search the rv.net technology forum.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:44 AM   #8

Still nobody has answered your question, and it might hard for the OP to get the question answered on this Winnebago board.

HERE is a recent post about someone changing out their broken King Dome satellite dish with the new Wineguard in motion satillite dish that works much better with DISH than the King product because it automatically changes satellites when you turn the channel (DISH uses 2 satellites).

You should be aware that the King Dome has some issues with signals during the slightest dew, or outside mosture being present. The "fix" is the "Miracle" spray, and some of these posters here have sprayed some King Dome Miracle spray on their plastic domes and have discolored their domes...I would check that out also.

Do a search on these forums and you should find better information
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:52 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Tracstar is the King clone...

Frontrangerver, probably gonna smack my forehead and grin when you tell me,but what's an OP?

On edit....I'm going to "link" this in the satellite forum,probably should have moved it there long ago but I missed it so I'll leave here since everyone's added their opinion...
Not really a Winnebago specific issue....maybe the link to the satellite forum will get the desired reply.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I think that OP may be "original poster" of the topic. For the best in satellite reception while stationary or in motion it has been said that Direct TV is much easier to obtain due to the fact that only one bird is use. (for most American channels).
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RV Wizard:
I think that OP may be "original poster" of the topic. For the best in satellite reception while stationary or in motion it has been said that Direct TV is much easier to obtain due to the fact that only one bird is use. (for most American channels). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, OP means original poster.

Satellite reception has really nothing to do with the two providers, DISH and Direct. Dish does use two satellites while Direct uses one. The OP wants a satelite dish to search for both satellites that DISH uses, and this post isn't a comparison between the two providers.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I have a KVH L3 which I've used since '02. I've been quite happy with its performance and will be specifying the R6 KVH on my next coach.
Old 05-15-2006, 07:44 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Ron55,
If you get a dish with 2 LNBf's you can get both 110 and 119. In my case 119 has everything I want to view, the only time I need 110 is when I want "local" channels, some of which are on 110. With King Dome you have a switch to move from one satellite to another.
I have the stationary automatic King Dome as I don't have need to use the TV while I am driving! My wife might like it but her most critical job is making sure I go where she wants to go!
I have Dish 500 with the DVR522 receiver, using the 2 LNBF's we can watch different channels in the front and rear and also record in either location. Just like being at home.....

Savannah, GA
Don-Savannah, GA is offline   Reply With Quote