Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #1

Input please on 2004 Sightseer 30B

looking at a sightseer 30b on consignment 69k miles looks clean except for a leak around front window , comes with a blue ox tow bar , your thoughts please
bulldog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 12:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok mine had the same issue on window leak. I ended up fixing it my self. Now that leak caused the driver side wall below the mirror to rot. Do a tap test using a coin and listen to the sound. If you hear a thud then you have de bonding. My rv is a 33l. I have a lot of areas to look at if you want to know email me. After all my fixes we love the rv.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 03-26-2015, 09:21 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours has served us well since bought new. No water leaks around windshield. Only problems have been with Onan(fixed) and Norcold (fixed 1st year)
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:42 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
A word of warning. I would be very concerned with the windshield leak. Due to the way that Winnebago mounted their windshields, water can eventually rust out the mounting frame. Repairing the damage to the windshield frame can be quite expensive, depending on the extent that it's damaged. The windshield is often broken during the repair as it has to be removed as part of the repair process. It's a fairly common issue with Winnebago. Due diligence on your part at this stage can prevent a costly repair that you may not have been aware of. You can find out about the issue with a google search. Good luck and happy trails.
Al
Old 04-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #5

Sorry just saw this post. We have an 04 30B and it has been great. The generator needed a carb but dealer did that as we caught it when we looked at the coach originally.

Had a lot of free play in steering wheel that ended up being a ball joint, control arm, drag link and steering arm replace. Made a 100% difference. The coach had some after market steering stabilizers and sway bars.

We have the Workhorse chassis with 8.1 Chevy Vortec-plenty of power and torque but the auto-park system is something to be desired. Had a relay go out so brake locked and wouldn't release.

No problems otherwise and have not noticed any leaks but have seen on forum about the windshield problem.

Tags
sightseer