Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #1

I have a 2004 Winnebago Class C Chalet that does not have a rear ladder and I would like to install one. My local RV joint said they only replace ladders because they do not know where to bolt it to. Is there any resourse that shows the location of mounting locations for a ladder? I saw in the catalogs that the ladder folks say "Easy installation" and "Complete directions included" etc. Anybody out there been down this road before. Thanks, Jim in AZ
Finkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #2

I have a 2004 Winnebago Class C Chalet that does not have a rear ladder and I would like to install one. My local RV joint said they only replace ladders because they do not know where to bolt it to. Is there any resourse that shows the location of mounting locations for a ladder? I saw in the catalogs that the ladder folks say "Easy installation" and "Complete directions included" etc. Anybody out there been down this road before. Thanks, Jim in AZ
Finkaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #3

We used to have a rooftop ladder with the luggage rack running around the top. I don't know if it was an aftermarket or factory original. BUT the top section missed the support framing by 2" and was screwed into aluminum roof and foam insulation (made a nice leak which did rot out the 2X4 support piece that it was supposed to be screwed into), the luggage rack on the roof missed most of the support framing. The leaks it made rotted out most of the ceiling wood framing on the Driver's side of the RV (we replaced all that too) as well as the luan ceiling panel (also ripped out and replaced. Based on all the damage the luggage rack made, we decided we didn't need one. We can always carry a collapsible ladder although with David's work we are currently carrying (1) 20 ft extension ladder, (1) 12 ft ladder, (1) 8 ft ladder, (2) 2 ft step ladders, which are kept in the cargo trailer David pulls.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:39 AM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Jim

The only source I would trust would be Winnebago Owner Relations. 1, to find out if it is possible on your rig. 2, to find out how to locate solid anchors. You can call them at 800-537-1885. Have your rig s/n available as they will need that to give you an answer.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote