Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Skater
We are also new MH owners. We just purchased the Winnebago 30T 2014. We noticed a soft spot on the floor behind the driver's seat and was wondering if this should have a heater register vent placement which was covered during manufacturing and was covered with flooring. The soft spot is in alignment with all the other register heating vents. Does you 30T have a heat register vent behind the driver's seat? Tony and Lee
TonyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLee View Post
Skater
We are also new MH owners. We just purchased the Winnebago 30T 2014. We noticed a soft spot on the floor behind the driver's seat and was wondering if this should have a heater register vent placement which was covered during manufacturing and was covered with flooring. The soft spot is in alignment with all the other register heating vents. Does you 30T have a heat register vent behind the driver's seat? Tony and Lee
My 2013 Itasca 30T has one in that location.
Cass Sumrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

My 2013 has one there as well!
tomrx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Better call Winnebago. I believe your coach has the new Schwintech slide system as opposed to the Power Gear in previous years. It could be that the new slideout has caused a relocation of the floor vent. Or you could be right and they covered it up. Worth a call to confirm.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
Better call Winnebago. I believe your coach has the new Schwintech slide system as opposed to the Power Gear in previous years. It could be that the new slideout has caused a relocation of the floor vent. Or you could be right and they covered it up. Worth a call to confirm.
It does have the Schwintech slide system but so does my 2013. Sounds like they just covered it up.
Cass Sumrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Heater vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass Sumrall View Post
It does have the Schwintech slide system but so does my 2013. Sounds like they just covered it up.
The dealer verified the vent cover is missing and will place the vent. Winnebago verified the flooring was covered over the
opening by accident. Thanks for everyone's helpful replies.
TonyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLee View Post
Skater
Just saw this, was away in the RV for a week in Vegas and not spending much time in the forums

Glad you figured out what the problem was, we have a vent there too!

Hope you enjoy your coach!
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for the 85 pound tire pressure information. Assume you are carrying less than 500 pounds of cargo inventory.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

How do you dismount the Visio 42" LCD TV from the side wall of a 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30T? Is there something on the wall mounting bracket that needs to be manipulated? Need to access the back side of the TV for its connections. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:09 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Still Bill, If you will remove the window trim piece (2 screws) nearest to the front side of the TV you should see two shinny bolt heads on the black TV mount frame. A tech at the Winn. Serv. center told me to remove them and the TV will be able to be lifted out. I have not tried it, as I only asked incase I needed to. You will probably need another person for help in lifting it. You might try contacting Winnebago Service for more info. Are you having a problem with the TV? I was think... if you are only needing to connect or re-connect cables or power cord, it can be done without removing the TV. Look at the TV's manual and it shows the location of all the rear connections points. I was able to reach and connect a couple of cables to the back by feel. I had to remove the vertical window trim to get more access, but its easy to do.
Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Excellent! Thank you. Bill
Old 10-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Have had 2012 Vista 30T for a little over 2 yrs. Had to replace the ATS and AC compressor, both under warranty. Also had problem of water draining out of fresh water tank vent line which I finally stopped by adding a valve to vent line (have to remember to open it when filling and using tank). Handling was not bad but is even better after CHF and Blue Ox TruCenter, Planning to add sliding shelves to pantry.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #33
Winnebago Owner

Yes, I hear you about the water draining out of the fresh water tank via the vent line. Still seems to be an issue with my 2013 30T too.

Per other people's posts, the vent line starts acting as a siphon when the tank is filled. Happened to me both times I have completely filled the tank.

Where did you add the valve along the vent line? I was looking for the line today; but, it started raining. Should be able to get back to it tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:53 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

I replaced the original vent line with flexible tubing with the in-line valve at the mid point.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #35
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghutch View Post
Still Bill, If you will remove the window trim piece (2 screws) nearest to the front side of the TV you should see two shinny bolt heads on the black TV mount frame. A tech at the Winn. Serv. center told me to remove them and the TV will be able to be lifted out. I have not tried it, as I only asked incase I needed to. You will probably need another person for help in lifting it. You might try contacting Winnebago Service for more info. Are you having a problem with the TV? I was think... if you are only needing to connect or re-connect cables or power cord, it can be done without removing the TV. Look at the TV's manual and it shows the location of all the rear connections points. I was able to reach and connect a couple of cables to the back by feel. I had to remove the vertical window trim to get more access, but its easy to do.
ghutch, This was gold. I did just what you said in regard to removing the side window trims nearest to each side of the TV. And that alone gave me very good access to the back of the TV. Actually, the access was so good to the connections on the left side making it unnecessary to remove the TV as I previously thought.

I originally wanted to remove the TV to route an HDMI cable from there to the overhead cabinets at the front of the motorhome; but, now decided to take the easy way out and use the existing composite cabling.

Yes, I did note the two shiny bolt heads on the TV mount; but, did not need to do anything there.

Again, your description was gold. Thank you very much.

Bill
Old 10-27-2014, 08:25 AM   #36
Winnebago Owner

Bill, I'm glad it worked out for you. FYI, If you ever are thinking of , say a Bluray player or other AV device, I placed one in the lower buffet cabinet on the right, middle shelf, and fed the HDMI up through the cable access that is already there. Used a power strip from the TV's wall plug for power. Just remove the right buffet drawer for easy access. Saves trying to run a new cable from the front overheads.
Good luck, Gary
Old 10-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #37
Winnebago Camper

Hi,
I had a 2014 30T and liked it very well. I did have the problems reading the instrument gauge that you mentioned. I had the kits installed where the front wheel alignment could be adjusted in both caster and Camber. That made a great difference in handling and I recommend it.

We sold the 30t and returned to a diesel pusher.
qcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 11:59 PM   #38
Winnebago Owner

OK. Done with TVs and satellite systems for now...LOL

At this point of my new RVing experience, I have only done 3 trips of approximately 100 miles each way. With the Sunstar 30T, I find all the steering corrections to stay within the lane to be mentally fatiguing; and, feel it will hamper me when driving longer distances. A new friend with the same F53 chassis and 19.5" wheels swears by his add-on Safe-T-Plus Steering Control. Does anyone have more input about the benefits of this device as opposed to other suspension devices? Looks good and certainly would be no problem for me to install.

FYI...Our current goal is to visit most of the national parks when we retire next year. Have been to several; but, this is part of our bucket list. I am a retired SCCA racer/driver instructor; and, truly appreciate superior handling vehicles.

Thanks in advance.

Bill
Old 10-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #39
Winnebago Owner

Bill, I suggest that you go to the Ford Chassis section of this forum and look at the Cheep Handling Fix posts. I think you will find it a lot of help. If you decide to invest in aftermarket items, you should do them one at a time until you feel you have gotten the handling that you like. TeJay has a lot of good advise if you lookup his posts. Personally, I got the best handling improvement by adding a rear track bar. Additional items will enhance the handling too. My sig shows my upgrades.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:26 PM   #40
Winnebago Camper

Sunstar sway bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrx1 View Post
I adjusted BOTH sway bars to the LOWER hole position....problem solved!!!
The coach now handles like a sports car!!! I alsocarry a full tank of water,which helps stability in windy condition. The sway bar change,and 5 star tune were the best mods I've ever done....the coach now drives and handles like it should! Good Luck..Tom and Eileen and Sandy
Tom, what do you mean by the bottom hole? As I view the sway bar, It's parallel to the axle and turns out to the front at both ends. The part that turns out is flat and has two holes in it. My sway bar has a suspension rod that comes down vertically and attatches to the front hole. Does this mean i should move it to the rearward hole?
Glenn507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, winnebago