Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Check fluid level with jacks UP! Add the proper fluid and NOT brake fluid. Filling up usually fixes the light On problem.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Also, just a ounce of fluid may correct the problem. Had same thing on mine when new, added very little and no more light. Be sure you add fluid when jacks are
UP.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I have had this happen twice on mine also. The first time I was able to pull over and go through a retract cycle, drove 500 miles with no more occurances. Then the second time it happened I was on an interstate with pouring down rain, heavy traffic and no where to go. The system restored itself, and hasn't happened again. I have tried waiting for the system to turn it self off but it never did, after a few minutes I turned it off manually. How long does it take for your system to shut it self off automatically?
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Mine can take 5-8 minutes.

bonzocfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Your problem is almost certainly a low fluid level. Add Dexron 3 to top off the reservoir. Make sure the JACKS ARE UP when you add fluid. If you top off the reservoir with the jacks down and then raise them you will have fluid all over the place.

Another possibility is that the sensor is bad or is the wrong part number. I had this happen to me. After we bought our coach, the alarm would go off on rough roads, during deceleration or in turns. I tried adding fluid but it didn't help. I called Winnebago and they had me check the sensor part number. Sure enough, wrong one. They sent me a new one, I replaced it myself and haven't had any problems since.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #26
Site Team

Before taking back to dealer, I would try not turning it off after retracting...Just letting it turn itself off. I had the same problem and that completely solved it.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #27

On our Ultimate; The jack light comes on a lot of times while driving, We had it checked ,New sensors installed. The dealer told us . Don't worry just hit the Store Botton and the light will go off. And you know what . It goes off. On big deal , I have much more Important things to worry about;;; Then the guy says . Well what they come down while I'm driving and the wheels come off the ground. I won't Be able to move... Some people don't have a life at all;;;. Push the store/travel botton...
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
On our Ultimate; The jack light comes on a lot of times while driving, We had it checked ,New sensors installed. The dealer told us . Don't worry just hit the Store Botton and the light will go off. And you know what . It goes off. On big deal , I have much more Important things to worry about;;; Then the guy says . Well what they come down while I'm driving and the wheels come off the ground. I won't Be able to move... Some people don't have a life at all;;;. Push the store/travel botton...
Works for me. This actually is what I did when i was in heavy traffic and the light came on. At least one thing was correct.....the control pad said I wasn't level.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

If it is a Power Gear system, the fluid in the reservior is low. Get a quart of ATF to keep with you. When this happens, just top off the reservior tank.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

My Jacks Down Alarm and Light resets itself usually within 30 to 60 seconds. Got home, talked to my dealer (a 2013 Circle of Excellence dealer) and since my 2012 Vista 26P just passed it's warranty date they suggested I talk to Winnebago Service. Since the dealer looked at this problem last year Winnebago is nice enough to have my dealer look at it again and they will cover it.

Mentioned all the constructive information that I gathered on this forum to my dealer this morning when I took it in. Time will tell ...

I will say that Winnebago says there is no way the jacks can go down while driving. Among other things, my jack system requires that I be stopped, transmission in park, and the emergency brake MUST be on better I can lower my jacks.

I'll let everyone know what they find ...
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

When it happens while driving, don't freak, just hit the on button, then the retract button. You have one jack probably a 1/4" down due to fluid expansion as it heats up. Or some of the other possibilities mentioned.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

Papa-Peter, I'm curious as to what brand jack system you have. I may have had the same problem, but only for a Kwikee system with a Level Best controller. No sense posting any possible solutions if it is a different system.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #33
Winnebago Camper

My 2012 Vista 26P is equipped with the Power Gear PowerLevel system Wayne.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:56 PM   #34
Winnebago Master

Thanks. Power Gear purchased Kwikee so now they are PowerGear/Kwikee. I am not sure how similar the systems are. In my case for the kwikee there are tank sensors, and reed switches that play an important part of the indicator for the jacks are all up lights/alarms. As stated, just a little low on fluid can trigger a misaligned sensor. The "reed switches" are magnetic and are on each jack. The are in series and are shorted to ground when the jacks are up.

The PowerGear/Kwikee web site has the information for trouble shooting the different problems. Have you check their web site for your specific brand?

They have been really responsive to emails. Try emailing them.

Happy trails.

I know how annoying it is. My alarm will not cut off (sometimes) when I do an all-up. It has been worked on 4 times now and still does not work correctly. It is presently in the shop again for the alarm, and the "auto" mode showing "out of stroke" when used. It was at the Winnebago Service Center in IA and they could not fix it. (long story)

I pulled the control panel and interrupted the hot wire to the panel with a toggle switch. When the alarm will not go off I just throw the switch.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks