Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
My wife and I really like the Journey 34. The Salesman showed us a 34 SE. Its a special order coach that has less frills. Full body paint, but with less stripping. All standard equipment, all the options were, inverter/charger 2.0 kw-air horns-leather faced cab seats-big 4 door refer.-. that was it. Of course the isb cummins and 5 speed tranny.
Total invoice of $163.372. They appeared willing to deal. My wife loved it and so did I.
Salesmen said each dealer had to buy 30 at the time it was offered from Winnebago with just this optional equipment. The one next to it had a sticker of 200 grand plus. with the cat 350.
It appears it has been on the lot awhile and was the last one of the origional 30 ordered.
I think I would be happy with the ISB/5sp. in the 34. opinions and what would be a good percent off offer.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
My wife and I really like the Journey 34. The Salesman showed us a 34 SE. Its a special order coach that has less frills. Full body paint, but with less stripping. All standard equipment, all the options were, inverter/charger 2.0 kw-air horns-leather faced cab seats-big 4 door refer.-. that was it. Of course the isb cummins and 5 speed tranny.
Total invoice of $163.372. They appeared willing to deal. My wife loved it and so did I.
Salesmen said each dealer had to buy 30 at the time it was offered from Winnebago with just this optional equipment. The one next to it had a sticker of 200 grand plus. with the cat 350.
It appears it has been on the lot awhile and was the last one of the origional 30 ordered.
I think I would be happy with the ISB/5sp. in the 34. opinions and what would be a good percent off offer.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #3

RCtime: You can deal at 26% off MSRP. That's what the norm is. Do a search for other dealers and you will get your price. I was dealing for a Winnebago Journey 34H when we bought the Itasca Meridian 34H from Mike Thompsons hear in SoCal. Thompsons gave me a better deal. So check out the pricing for the Meridian SE 34H. There is a lot of inventory hear in CA and the dealers are hungery. Remember you have the money they want. Also when it comes to financing call around. The dealer will match the best percent you can find from any of the institutions listed in Motorhome Magazine. Good luck we really like the 34H floorplan.
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #4

Are you sure the tranny wasn't 6 speed?

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #5

The Cummins 5.9ISB comes with the Allison 2500MH tranny, which is a 5 speed.

The big decision to make is which engine/transmisison do you want. The SE only comes with the smaller ISB 300hp, vs the available CAT C-7 350hp (a 12K option).

The CAT will provide better driveability, especially in the mountains. But the ISB will provide 2-3 mpg over the CAT. Personal choice.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #6

RC- There was a pretty indepth discussion on this forum concerning the SE models not very long ago. I would recommend you do a search as it will shed some more light on these coaches. Having said that I own the Itasca Meridian 36 model as you can see by my profile. We are very pleased with it. Ours came with a lot of extras even though it was an SE model. Might be Itasca vs. Winny but not sure. So far has been a great coach. Please feel free to PM me for additional info.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote