Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #1

Kumho KRS Replacement for 22.5" XRV's?

Michelin seems to be sold out of 22.5 XRVs in Vancouver BC Canada? My Local tire dealer is recommending Kumho KRS02 22.5's that they have in stock. Any one try them and are they happy campers? Any Comments please. We currently have 7 year old 235x80x22.5 XRV's with 75% tread left, but after reading threads on 7 year old RV tires we are nervous about our upcoming trip to southern California. What do you seasoned RV'rs Recommend?
Milom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #2

I've used them on over the road trucks in the past with good results, I'd go for it.
As much as I love the ride from Michelins, Kumho is less expensive and mile for mile great on service.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milom View Post
Michelin seems to be sold out of 22.5 XRVs in Vancouver BC Canada? My Local tire dealer is recommending Kumho KRS02 22.5's that they have in stock. Any one try them and are they happy campers? Any Comments please. We currently have 7 year old 235x80x22.5 XRV's with 75% tread left, but after reading threads on 7 year old RV tires we are nervous about our upcoming trip to southern California. What do you seasoned RV'rs Recommend?
Milom,

Just read your previous old post now (have a Monaco, that's probably why). Anyways, like you were I am now looking at Kumhos at OK Tire in Port Kells as a replacement for my 10 year old G670's. Can get a great deal (less than half price of the Goodyears) but was needing some opinions from other who have them installed.

Did you buy them and are you happy with them? Do they ride as nice or nicer than your previous tires?

Thanks for any replies,

Guy in Surrey
Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #4

I don't think you would be disappointed with the KUMHO tire brand.
I've used them on OTR trucks and trailers with great satisfaction.
I would not hesitate to use them as a replacement tire when mine are due.
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, rvs, replace