Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone else had "noises" when deploying the Kwikee jacks to the full extended position? Mine make a rather loud "BONG" noise especially when the weather has been warm during the day and cold at night. I called Kwikee and they daid it couldn't bethe jacks, must be the suspension 'settling in". This never hapened on my last rig with HWH hacks. Any opinions?
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Craig H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone else had "noises" when deploying the Kwikee jacks to the full extended position? Mine make a rather loud "BONG" noise especially when the weather has been warm during the day and cold at night. I called Kwikee and they daid it couldn't bethe jacks, must be the suspension 'settling in". This never hapened on my last rig with HWH hacks. Any opinions?
Craig Heyne & Co-Pilot/Navigator Sharon. 2007 Voyage 33V W20. Brazel's Ultra Power Permormance kit. CAI, Reprogramming, plug wires, Steer-Safe, Suzuki Grand Vitara toad, two spoiled cats and a GPS set to infinity.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:45 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

My KWIKEE jacks were noisy and would not level automatically when I first got the MH. They would just continue to try and level the coach and I would finally shut the controller off. I also had a leak that was repaired by replacing and rerouting the front hydraulic lines. I don't know if the leak was part of the noise problem or not.

After the leak was repaired I leveled the coach manually and then when thru the "reset" procedure. The noise is now gone and the coach levels automatically every time. The repair facility told me I should use the "reset" feature once a year.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

O.K. ya got me. what's the 'reset" feature?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

From my manual:

Setting Level Sensor (If So Equipped)

Turn the coach ignition to the accessory position. Make sure the level control is not turned on. With the coach in a level attitude press and hold the ALL UP, BI-LEVEL FRONT and BI-LEVEL REAR buttons simultaneously. You should hear and audible beep. Turn the control ˜on' and all four indicator lights should now be lit indicating the level sensor is showing the coach to be level. If all four LED'S are not illuminated, repeat the last two steps.
(NOTE: Coach must be level first.)

Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

thanks wthomas1. I'll double check the owners manual and then give it a try.
Nice 'Vette.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

No problem, I hope it helps. I can copy my manual pages if you don't have yours.

The Vette is my baby, brought it home in pieces in 1983. It has been on the road since 1986.