Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #1

When I extend my bedroom slide the slide will stop about 3" from full extension. The digi-sync error code is 6 (stall on rear actuator only). If I cycle the room two or three times I can get a full extension. Anyone have any ideas? Easy fix? Thanks, Bruce

2005 Honda Element
bjbkkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #2

When I extend my bedroom slide the slide will stop about 3" from full extension. The digi-sync error code is 6 (stall on rear actuator only). If I cycle the room two or three times I can get a full extension. Anyone have any ideas? Easy fix? Thanks, Bruce

2005 Honda Element
Old 09-03-2008, 04:20 AM   #3

I had a similar problem with the front slide and started making sure the rig was level and pushed manually the slide out as DW pushed the button. I pushed it once and ever since it has extended fully. Apparently, it was binding in that position and once I helped it along, it was okay.

May work for you - it worked for us. Good luck.
pyoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Are you sure it's the digi-sync model. My bedroom slide is a single motor Kwikee slide and the error code 6 means motor short. Only my front slide is the Digi-sync unit.
Bagger97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:49 AM   #5

I have the same problem, but how do you get the error codes?

Front & Rear Koni FSD's
Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #6

I think it is the digi-sync (at least by looking at the Kwikee website). I get the error code from the flashing green LED over the "IN" button. I fixed (or at least it appears that fixed) by adjusting the slide myself. I looked at the rear extending arm and it appears that there is two bolts that can raise or lower the arm so I raised it about 1/4". Slide is extending so I am happy. I could get the slide to extend fully by pushing on it while I held the "OUT" button. Took a bit of gymnastics

2005 Honda Element
Old 09-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger97 View Post
Are you sure it's the digi-sync model. My bedroom slide is a single motor Kwikee slide and the error code 6 means motor short. Only my front slide is the Digi-sync unit.
Hi Bagger97, I have a 2006 winnebago sightseers and started to get the same code 6 at the end when the slide is in no code when I extend it out... how did you resolve the issue...?
fastwhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:56 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
IDK if this will helps in anyway. But on my Ellipse, the bedroom slide will not slide back in when it's time to go, I have to make sure the Bed is in the full Upright position. So I readjust the air mattress and press the Bed Position'er button to make sure it's fully stored and then it slides back in beautifully. Hopefully this helps, if not....oh well I tried. lol. Good luck.
RightUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightUR View Post
IDK if this will helps in anyway. But on my Ellipse, the bedroom slide will not slide back in when it's time to go, I have to make sure the Bed is in the full Upright position. So I readjust the air mattress and press the Bed Position'er button to make sure it's fully stored and then it slides back in beautifully. Hopefully this helps, if not....oh well I tried. lol. Good luck.
I have normal flat bed...thanks anyway
Old 04-29-2023, 01:03 AM   #10

I have a 2002 Winnebago Sightseer and thankfully I have not had any issues with my Kwikee Digi-sync slide out but it is always on ones mind. I say a little prayer every time we use it lately.

I have always lubed it up well and checked it out as well as one can. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has found any major changes from the earlier/slower slide out mechanism to the newer faster slide outs. I have read that Winnebago changed up to the faster system in 2005 and I have read many stories about replacing the Acme nuts but it seems to be on models after 2005. Looking at mine it seems a bit different to the later models. For one thing there is no plate to remove by where the motors connect to the acme threaded drive shaft. Also the Acme nut looks different. Just asking if anyone who has had or done work done on the older slower units has noticed any of the differences. I am looking to have on hand a couple of spare acme nuts and pins as these seem to be a problem and an easy fix if you have the part.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Toklat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 10:20 AM   #11

Mine is a 2006 sightseer 34A.. we never had issues with the motor but that amce nut is the problem. Specially on our 13 foot living room slide out. Since they are plastic the go bad after while, Good while. Having extra is smart. I have extra acme nut and the cap at the end, since they are hard to get. One important part is to make sure you have a good battery. Week battery doesn't let the slide move evenly and that's where the Plastic acme nut fails..