Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #1

It's time for us to replace our flooring in the 02 Journey. I've been reading the flooring comments in the winnebago forum. I'm very concerned about tackling the project due to the slides. Can anyone suggest or recommend a reliable company that might do this type of flooring replacement work?
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #2

It's time for us to replace our flooring in the 02 Journey. I've been reading the flooring comments in the winnebago forum. I'm very concerned about tackling the project due to the slides. Can anyone suggest or recommend a reliable company that might do this type of flooring replacement work?
munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #3

I sent you a pm

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by munchie:
It's time for us to replace our flooring in the 02 Journey. I've been reading the flooring comments in the winnebago forum. I'm very concerned about tackling the project due to the slides. Can anyone suggest or recommend a reliable company that might do this type of flooring replacement work? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saved these pictures from a previous thread; hope it's okay to post them. Hopefully someone remembers who posted this information originally. If I remember correctly, the owner of the MH did his own installation and it looks like it really turned out nice. Would like to have it done to mine!

Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We checked with two installers in Grand Junction CO where we were staying for a couple of months.
One said he had done one motor home (no slides)and wouldn't do another one. The other one said "You don't have enough money".
They are used to doing rectangular rooms with a minimum number of trimming and cutouts and finishing in a day or less. Motor homes take a lot longer.

We did the job ourselves and working 4 to 5 hours a day it took us about 10 days.

If anyone is interested I will post a couple of pictures and some info on the installation.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a coach with two slides and looked into the cost of having the carpet replaced. After reading as much as I could find I then talked to two companies that had extensive experience in replacing carpet in RVs with slides. One gave me a quote of $3k for labor alone and the second gave me a quote of $2500 for the whole job. The cost is due to the slides. Both companies said they remove the slides to replace flooring and would not even consider doing it any other way. Remember, a business does not want an unhappy customer.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote