Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2017, 06:42 AM   #21
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Well, I'm learning about Litchsinn from experience now.
Takes the sales person days, not hours, to respond (and this is BEFORE the sale).
They will not let go of the MSRP price. It appears they don't want to budge on it at all.

Oh well. Thought it would have been nice to get the Winnie close to it's birth place, but it doesn't appear that's going to happen.

Thank you for all the replies !!
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as they aren't the only game around. Be patient in what your wanting as dealers count on customers being unpatient so they can maintain control. Personally, I would just budge myself out the door, so to speak, and go somewhere else. You've already been given an example of their attitude and the value that they place on customer service so don't look back.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #22
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
I see there is a wide range of opinions out there for Lichtsinn. Perhaps part of it may be what year and season you deal with them. I purchased mine in December and took delivery in Feb. 2016 It all went smooth, yes they were $300 more than a dealer in Fla. but I know I've had great service.

I have found also that if you treat people well they return the favor. The people at Lichtsinn have treated me very well.

As stated before, I'd buy and service with them again. I'm actually headed there next week for service.

Good luck wherever you purchase your unit.
This should "not" have any bearing on whether one customer may be treated better than the next one. I believe that customer service and quality work is a direct reflection of what employees receive from the owners/management of any company. I don't have the time nor would I care to "deal" with a company who may be good one part of the year with customers and less than stellar another part of the year.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

We are flying out from the NY area to Lichtsinn in 2 weeks to pick up our new RV. They were willing to meet the discounted prices we obtained from other dealers. The price is about 25% off MSRP. We are also having HWH levelers installed at the factory. Lichtsinn offers a substantial discount for purchasing from them and then sets up the appointment for the HWH factory install. Our salesman has been very responsive to our requests, including some factory customization.
rv kayakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:24 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

We are now on our fourth coach from Lichtsinn, and have always been treated fairly. They have some of the best service around, and will try to get Winnebago to help you after warranty expiration. And they can get Winnebago parts the same afternoon with no upcharge. They have a pleasant setting and low-key pleasant people. We have been very pleased, just sorry that it took so long for us to find them. We dealt previously with different dealers since 1985, when we started into class A motorhoming. Have no plans to use other dealers. Will stick with Freightliner in Gaffney, who is very reliable, and Lichtsinn in Iowa who know the superstructure very well. Ask for Nicole. Very nice and competent. We have done our deals with her.
You just have to remember that these coaches are not pintos, for example, which were just one or two mistakes from the scrap heap. The coach part, and its wiring, and its interactiom with the rest of the coach is very complex. So, Gaffney motorcoach for chassis problems. A good dealer(such as Lichtsinn and and others who are around) will make life less stressful. Which is the point.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

We purchased a 2017 Aspect from Lichtstinn this past February and could not have been more pleased with the entire transaction. Everyone we dealt with in the process was professional, friendly and most importantly, very knowledgeable. The price was considerably less than the exact same coach from a dealer in another state. We needed some service, which also included some elective service and were pleased with everything related to that process as well.
aspengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

We started class A motorhoming in 1985, and have had more than a few coaches. During 2002-2006 we bought 2 coaches from Lazydays in Tampa, and were pleased with them. However, since 2010, we have purchased 4 coaches from Lichtsinn, and have been well pleased with every aspect of the transactions. We actually traded a 2013 for a 2012 to get away from Schwintec. At this point, if we do buy a different motorhome (note that every coach has been our "last"), we would not consider going elsewhere. We will drive a fair distance out of our way to get service there, since we trust them completely. Their parts department is great.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:46 PM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
This should "not" have any bearing on whether one customer may be treated better than the next one. I believe that customer service and quality work is a direct reflection of what employees receive from the owners/management of any company. I don't have the time nor would I care to "deal" with a company who may be good one part of the year with customers and less than stellar another part of the year.

Not sure why you are so negative... RV's like cars can have rebates, dealer incentives from the factory, end of month inventory etc that do impact selling prices. Pricing RV's like autos are a variable, lol they all have "show specials" at all of the big shows. It's always the buyer's responsibility to find the "deal" that works for them. Not getting the price you "want" when you want has no bearing on if a company is stellar or not but rather I say poor negotiation or timing.

In my search for my unit I was in contact with many dealerships, one in particular really tried to rake me over the coals and I was happy to run from them - I'm sure they have customers that love them, I don't.

I assume you didn't have a good experience at Lichtsinn, seems you are in the minority here looking at the posts. I assume the dealer you purchased from has taken great care of you since your purchase - that's great, it's what we all want.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Guess one of my issues is that we can take a GM, Ford, Chrysler product to any dealer across the US. and make a. Appoint ment and get them repaired. In or out of warranty. Had RV dealers ask if we bout he it here. If not would not even talk to us or would be on the end of the list.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:50 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

I have dealt with them on buying parts. Overall, an "okay" experience. They are fast in deliveries and their parts prices seemed reasonable.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:28 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

I have dealt with them several times ordering parts online. Then in July 2016 I was driving on I-90 and a cross wind literally blew off my bathroom vent cover as we were heading to Forest City for a factory tour we went to the factory service to get a new vent and have someone put it on. They were too busy and for a walk-in we would have to wait for four days. We purchased the vent cover went to Lichsinn to see if they would put it on. They had my information from the online purchases and it sped things up and they got me in about a half hour just before a thunderstorm rolled through. They only charged 20 minutes of labor. I was very pleased with their facility and service. With that said I purchased my unit from Colonial Itasca in Lakewood NJ and got 22% off MSRP and their service is pretty good also. I would recommend you check with Colonial also.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote