Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2017, 07:10 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
for what it's worth .... I found the only good place to eat in Forest City is the Mexican joint.

HWH has great service and have helped me out several times. The technicians know the systems that are built right there in the factory. They are 50 yards from the exit for Moscow on 80.

They offer free inspection of their systems if you are passing by (you must call and make an appointment for this). It is not a fancy place, but they offer you electric (water can be gotten for your tank also if you ask). The parking area is dirt.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2017, 03:02 PM   #30

I know...I know...more questions. The DW refuses to drive the coach, but I need to take a flight overnight for one day while the coach is being repaired. Do the technicians pick up the RV every morning and drive it to the service bay and then return it every afternoon or do we have to?
Retired_Helo_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Generally owners are responsible for delivering the coach to the parking spaces immediately in front of the service center in the AM - and then picking up the coach in the same place in the PM.

I'm betting you have two options if you overnight at the electric sites immediately next to the service center.

First, talk with the service desk - they're very helpful folks and can probably work something out. Failing that - there's many other owners with similar coaches who can be approached for help moving the coach. Ditto for folks to help your wife set up the coach - but she'd need to know how the systems work.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:48 AM   #32

Anyone know of an RV wash around the Forest City area that is reputable? If there isn't one, and if someone actually wanted to live here, I bet they could make some cash with all the rigs that go through here.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_Helo_Pilot View Post
I know...I know...more questions. The DW refuses to drive the coach, but I need to take a flight overnight for one day while the coach is being repaired. Do the technicians pick up the RV every morning and drive it to the service bay and then return it every afternoon or do we have to?

The techs came and drove mine from the hookups everyday.
Murphsfromaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Anyone know of an RV wash around the Forest City area that is reputable? If there isn't one, and if someone actually wanted to live here, I bet they could make some cash with all the rigs that go through here.
Here's a mobile one in Clear Lake: OnSite Detail - Home I noticed some others in Mason City. Here's one in Clear Lake: Truck-Wash
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #35

Quote:
Whoops-missed the obvious one: Lichtsinn Motors, just a mile from the Winnebago plant. Iowa RV Service Menu - Lichtsinn Motors - Winnebago, Itasca, and Workhorse trained Technicians

Just click on "The complete RV Service Manual" pdf file and the RV wash packages are listed on the left side of the page. Bronze package $3/foot, Silver package $5/foot, Gold package is $1090 for a Class A diesel (includes exterior protection and warranty).
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #36

Thanks, I found all of those. I guess I am trying to find out if there is anyone that can give any feedback, positive or negative to any of them. And that price at Lichtsinn for wax is crazy.

Tags
winnebago