Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Livingroom Slide Adjustment 02 Journey

Has anyone adjusted the height on their livingroom slide? The front lower corner (drivers side )slightly catches on the molding strip that runs from the front to the slide opening when it extends. The slide looks like it needs to get raised just slightly to clear the molding. Is this a do it yourself adjustment?
Old 03-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Good Luck. I have a 2004 Meridian and have been trying for over 4 years to get mine adjusted or find out how to do it myself. HWH says they are not allowed to give out this information and Winnebago failed on two different trips to Forest City to raise my front slide about 1/4" to keep it from dragging on the carpet. They tell me as long as the outside trim pieces match along the side of the coach everything is as it should be.
Hopefully someone who has done this procedure will answer your request.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Mridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
GG1
Winnie-Wise

After speaking to HWH and Winnie Tech I learned that HWH is allowed to instruct on how to make left to right slide adjustments and Winnebago is responsible for up and down adjustments. I just needed the front to come up a bit. Under the ram arm looking up into the arm there is a large lock nut and inside the large nut there is an allen screw. Loosen the lock nut and turn the allen screw up or down as needed do this when the room is about a foot out. Re tighten the large lock nut. This is to align the slide molding with the front or rear molding. Both adjusting nuts are easy to turn
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

GG1, I just had my front slide fixed in My Winne Chieftain. I needed to replace both the rectangle and triangle guides that were worn out. Mine was about a 1/2 drop from linning up with the trim. I talked to HWH tech, and he recomneded that I have a shop do it. They (HWH) said they would charge 8 hrs for each side to do this job......
spoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Livingroom slide adjustment 02 Journey

Spoed, Did HWH want 8 hours labor to replace the guides on each slide or at each end of a single slide...thanks RKL
RKL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

livingrood slide adjustment on 02Journey

GG1....my front slide forward trim is also about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower than front trim under the driver's window....most of my plastic lower guide is still in place....Were you able to raise the slide to meet the front trim by the method you described? thanks RKL
Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoed View Post
GG1, I just had my front slide fixed in My Winne Chieftain. I needed to replace both the rectangle and triangle guides that were worn out. Mine was about a 1/2 drop from linning up with the trim. I talked to HWH tech, and he recomneded that I have a shop do it. They (HWH) said they would charge 8 hrs for each side to do this job......
Did HWH say whether or not they have to pull the room completely out of the coach in order to replace all the nylon glides? I've been trying to find out what it takes to just replace the outer lower rectangle nylon glides that supports the ram as it goes in/out but can't get a concenses from HWH and Winnebago as to how to do it. Last year one of the posters said he changed these lower glides on the front/back of a room in, I think, less than one hour but his was a late model and built different than my 2004 Meridian.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
GG1
Winnie-Wise

RKL2
You should be able to raise the front of the slide by the same procedure I used. It worked out ok for me, mine was a little over 1/4 down. The Winne tech told me that the adjustment is normal after a few years. I hesitated to mess with it for a few days until I spoke to the Winne tech.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

living room side adjustment for 02 journey

GGI.....thanks for the reply...I will try to adjust mine the same way...Do you know if this adjustment with also raise the inside portion when the slide is open...My slide is about 1/4 inch low where it meets the floor when opened...Do you know if there is a seperate adjustment using the same procedure to raise it at the floor level....thanks again RKL
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #10
GG1
Winnie-Wise

RKL2
I would check with Winne tech before I attempted additional adjustments. As they explained to me
the adjustment I did is for the outer edge of the slide to align the molding strips
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKL2 View Post
Spoed, Did HWH want 8 hours labor to replace the guides on each slide or at each end of a single slide...thanks RKL
I spoke to Frank (tech) with HWH on how I could do it myself. After talking to him quite awhile on this, he highly recomended that I have a service shop do it. My slide is pretty heavy which is 18' long with the kitchen being a part of it. The parts are pretty cheap...rectangluar guide was $38.50 and the triangle was $13.00. Frank said they charged 8 hours of labor for each side...aka 2 corners of the slide, so 16 total if both sides needed it. Now I need to replace a few hydraulic hoses myself because they want way to much to do it. I have never done it before, so I will ask someone for advice. So, if anyone has done their own, some info would be appreciated......
Old 03-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

livingroom slide adjustment 02 journey

Spoed.....where are the triangle guides and what do they do...thanks....RKL2
Old 03-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKL2 View Post
Spoed.....where are the triangle guides and what do they do...thanks....RKL2
They are part of the kit is what I was told by HWH for the slide out to slide on and keep it from dragging on your floor (carpet). My slide slides out and then drops down when extended. When they Rectangle,triangle get worn out, then it becomes uneven and won't seal properly when retacted. HWH said it is usually the teflon guides that is the issue when you see that your trim doesn't line up........They also said do both if you have to even replace only the one. As I stated before, the parts are pretty cheap. Rectangular - $38.50 and Triangle - $13.00. As far as where the triangle guide is, I don't know since I had a shop do it.