RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Question Lo DC code on Norcold refrigerator

We just had all 5 of our batteries replaced in our 2007 Winnebago vectra. Now we are getting a code, lo dc. The fridge seems to be working okay. But why the code?

JudieandRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 06:00 PM   #2

All 12 volt batteries or 1, 12 volt and 4, 6 volt ?

If you have 4- 6 volt batteries, take a picture of the cabling. We may be able to pick out a mistake in wiring causing the low voltage.

twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #3

So could this code be left over from when the batteries were replaced? It certainly saw a Low DC then. Otherwise check the voltage on the house batteries; they may actually be low.
tfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
All 12 volt batteries or 1, 12 volt and 4, 6 volt ?

If you have 4- 6 volt batteries, take a picture of the cabling. We may be able to pick out a mistake in wiring causing the low voltage.
So we figured it out this morning. We woke up to no refrigerator power and no Lights In the The house, even though we were plugged into electric. . The indicators said the house batteries were fine and the engine batteries were at 6.2 volts, but the engine started with no problem. We looked at the batteries that were just replaced and found one positive cable that was not attached to anything. We took a picture and sent it to Freightliner who replaced the batteries last week, but he couldn’t tell were it went so he was going to send someone out. (That is great service because we are 250 miles from home). I did a search on you tube on how to replace batteries to see if I could figure it out, and it said to draw a diagram to make sure you know where to put all the cables back. Well when I drew it out I could tell from the pattern where the one was missing. We put it on, it started charging right away. And then it said the house batteries were low, not the engine like it said before. we called Freightliner back and cancelled the call he told us to come back in when we return home to make sure everything is okay and he can write up a not so good progress report on the guy that worked on it. But thank you for your response.
JudieandRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:47 PM   #6

Wiring schematics are important. Today I viewed the installation manual wiring schematic for my inverter/charger. The battery temperature sensor has been on the wrong battery bank since I bought the MH.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, norcold